Support Page Content
Graduate Career Services
Welcome to Biz Graduate Career Services!
The College of Business Administration at Sacramento State is committed to providing all of our MBA, EMBA, MSA, and IMBA students and alumni the career services needed to grow and succeed professionally. We are equally dedicated to matching employers with top talent to lead their organizations.
Managing Your Career with Handshake
Manage your job search and communicate with recruiters; and sign up for career coaching, workshops, and employer info sessions through the Handshake platform.
- STUDENTS: Use your Saclink username and password to sign in.
- FIRST-TIME ALUMNI USERS: click on Sign up here at the top right-hand of the login page to create an account. A staff member will verify your status within five business days to approve access.
- RETURNING ALUMNI: use the email address you used to establish your profile to log on.
- Office of Student Engagement of the Undergraduate College of Business
- Sacramento State Career Center
- Carlsen Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, making innovation and entrepreneurship pervasive throughout the Greater Sacramento Region.
- Community Engagement Center- Learn more about academic internship course credit.
Career Assessment & Aptitudes
Researching Industries & Fields
- 5 Things To Know About An MBA In Production Or Operations Management (U.S. News)
- What are Good Government Jobs for Someone with an MBA? (BusinessMBA.org)
Find Openings: Job Boards
- Simply Hired
- Career Builder
- CalOpps : City and County job opportunities https://www.calopps.org/
Sites Targeting Online Remote / Flexible Work
- We Work Remotely: Find a job working remotely.
- Builtin SF : For millions of tech professionals nationwide, Built In is the best place to learn about the industry, build connections and carve out futures at companies they believe in.
- Flexjobs.com: As the #1 job site to find the best remote, work from home, and flexible jobs for over 14 years, we know how to help you have a faster, easier, and safer job search.
- The Second Shift is a marketplace connecting a vetted network of professional women with businesses who hire them for flexible work opportunities. Our members are women with expertise in marketing, finance, HR, strategy and creative who are looking for part-time project based and flexible work.
- IvyExec.com carefully screens job openings to select opportunities.
- iRelaunch.com: Career-reentry consulting, training and events company focused on bringing professionals back into the workforce after extended leave.
- reacHIRE.com is changing the trajectory for women in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies to create environments where women thrive, advance, lead and stay.
- CPG Joblist: A “Candidate Referral Service” that places qualified people in Sales, Marketing, Marketing Research and related disciplines in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry.
Non-Profit / Public Sector
- California State Jobs: Seeking a State Job? Start here.
- AssociationJobs.org: Subscribe to job listings (fee) for CEO/Director level Nonprofit and Associated Opportunities.
- Idealist.org: Idealist is a nonprofit jobs organization.
- Devnetjobs.org: International Job / Consulting Operations.
- Devex.com: Career In Global Devex.
- Career Match: The leading business publication for non-profit management.
- HigherEdJobs: Your Higher Education Job is Here.
Internship / Resources
Writing a Resume & Cover Letters
- Job & Internship Handbook
- Resume Action Verbs
- Professional Summaries on a Resume
- STAR: Situation Task Action Result: Courtesy of San Jose State. View page 4 to get an understanding of strategies of how to develop resume bullet points.
- Finance Resume Sample
- Sales Resume Sample
- Executive Resume Sample
- Human Resources Resume Sample
- How to Write a Cover Letter - Courtesy of Chico State Career Center
- Cover Letter Resource - Courtesy of Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Department of General Services SOQ Tips
Before the Interview
- Tough Interview Questions
- Prepare for Your Interview
- Structuring your Interview Answer
- Behavioral Interview Questions
Interviewing for Specializations
- Investment Banking
- Additional Investment Banking Questions
- Consulting Interview Questions
- 30 Behavioral Questions
After the Interview
Job Offers, Negotiation, Salary Research Tools
- Salary.com: Salary research, compensation, benefit negotiation information for over 60 career categories which includes geographic location.
- Salary Negotiation Guide
- Money Geek
- Tips for Accepting a Job Offer (The Balance Careers, article by Alison Doyle)
- Evaluation of a Job Offer (The Balance Careers, article by Alison Doyle)
Networking & Social Media
Starting the Conversation
Information for Companies & Recruiters
Find Top Talent
Biz Graduate Career Services invites you to take advantage of several options for recruiting promising students and experienced alumni from the MBA, MBA for Executives, International MBA, and MS Accountancy programs.
Please email email@example.com to request to explore these or other options. We look forward to helping you fulfill your immediate and future talent needs!
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RESUME ACCESS: Direct job and internship announcements at targeted audiences via our online talent management system, and review online of promising candidates on Handshake.
- MEET THE EMPLOYER: Host a customized evening session with a group of targeted students or alumni. Showcase company benefits and get to know candidates. Sessions are typically held 5 – 6 p.m.
- ON-CAMPUS RECRUITMENT: Schedule informational or hiring interviews with one or multiple students. Use our executive rooms to meet with candidates.
- INTERNSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Get technical assistance in developing internship opportunities that attract qualified candidates and meet college guidelines for academic credit.
- NETWORKING & EDUCATION EVENTS: Host a recruitment table at a networking event or business panel attended by graduate business students, alumni, faculty, staff, and partners. Come for the talent. Stay for the dynamic program and networking experience.