Support Page Content
To apply to one of our masters' programs, do four things:
- Review the Admission Requirements
- Complete the Cal State Apply online. For Fall admissions, it opens on October 1 of the previous year. The deadlines vary, check with the specific program. Cal State Apply - Application Helpful Tips
- Complete the College of Education Supplemental Application.
- Request two references
You may be called for an interview or asked for clarifications.
- For admission requirements for international students, please visit International Programs and Global Engagement Admission Information.
- The College of Education welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse experiences. For more information please read our non-discrimination policy
Branch Chair: Carlos Nevarez
Sacramento State is pleased to consider all eligible applicants for admission into an educator preparation program (e.g., general education teaching, special education teaching, school counseling, school psychology, and educational administration). Accepted applicants who complete all educator preparation program requirements can be recommended for state licensure (e.g., a teaching credential, a school counselor credential). If you are a DACA recipient in an educator preparation program or applying to an educator preparation program and have questions about your ability to obtain work authorization to seek employment as a credentialed educator with the State of California, please contact the Dreamer Resource Center to schedule a meeting with an immigration attorney to discuss your individual case.
- Child Development - 03/01/2020
- Curriculum and Instruction (Online, CCE) - 04/01/2020
- Counseling - Rehabilitation Counseling - 03/01/2020
- Doctorate in Education - Community College - 03/01/2020
- Doctorate in Education - Pre-K-12 - 03/01/2020
- Ed Leadership & Policy - Higher Education - 03/01/2020
- Ed Leadership & Policy - Pre-K-12 - 04/01/2020
- Educational Technology
- Gender Equity - 04/01/2020
- Language & Literacy - 04/01/2020
- Multicultural Education - 04/01/2020
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) - 03/01/2020