About Public Health
The Department of Public Health prepares students to make meaningful contributions in regional health systems, public health networks, occupational environments, and clinical settings.
Through its university and community-based programs that involve a blend of physical, mental, emotional, and social dimensions of learning, the program prepares engaged and knowledgeable individuals to enhance community health and enrich the quality of life.
Public Health offers three undergraduate professional areas of study:
Each course is designed to give students a well-rounded education in public health, while providing strong preparation in one of these areas.
Connect with Public Health
Associations & Career Opportunities
- Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- California Association of Healthcare Leaders (CAHL)
- California Public Health Association (CPHA-N)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health (ASPPH)