Support Page Content
This page will grow as new content is produced and common questions keep getting asked. If you have a question you think should be included here, feel free to contact us:
You can schedule applointments on our Booking Calendar.
Ryan Arndt: AMD 312a
Helpful Campus IT links
These pages are not maintained by us, but are collected here to be in one place for easy reference:
The computer refresh target goal is to ensure that each full time staff and tenure-track faculty has at least one computer newer than four years old. Currently there is no way for someone to look up their position on the refresh schedule (we are trying to build something for this), however you are welcome to ask us and we can let you know.
SSIS IT links
- Use this form to alert the IT shop when someone moves departments
- Remember: Computer network goes to the phone, then phone to the wall.
General computing tips
I'll try to link here to tips on various topics.
- The best password is a few random words
- xkcd comic describing this
- "PaSsW0Rd1" may have been good in the 1980s, but "correct-horse-battery-staple" is better now
- Laptop batteries like to be used regularly, but not overused
- Here's a helpful article going over how to get the most from your battery
- Older batteries needed to be taken to 0 and back to 100, that actually hurts modern batteries