Support Page Content
Internships in SSIS
- The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation: Promoting Understanding and Cooperation in U.S.-Asia Relations since 1983. The Mansfield Foundation offers full- and part-time unpaid internships for those interested in Asia-related issues or studies in Washington D.C., as well as in Tokyo.
- The Political Science Department Internship Program (POLS 195A) Students interested in internships can earn 1-6 units of credit through the Political Science Department Internship Program by enrolling in POLS 195A. The course is offered every fall, spring, and summer. Interested students should email the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Jaime Jackson.
- Sacramento Semester Program The prestigious Sacramento Semester program offers a unique 12-unit internship experience every spring semester. Open to students from the entire CSU, the experience combines 6 units of internship with 6 units of related academic seminars.
- City of Sacramento/Dept. of Utilities/Water Conservation Unit - Intern
- Pacific Institute - Sacramento - Intern - Deadline extended to April 5, 2019
- Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute-Global Leader Internship Program
- Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Conservation Diversity Fellowship
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture - Various Locations - Intern
- Aspen Environmental Group - Intern
- Solano Resource Conservation District/Lake Berryessa Intern
- Institute for Energy and the Environment of Vermont Law School - Intern
- Research Technician for UC Davis Grad student Barn Owl Research
- CSU San Marcos/USFS - Research Assistant- Various locations
- Sacramento County Environmental Management Dept. - Intern
- USGS/California Water Science Center - Student Hydrologic Technician Position (Due date Feb 8)
- Solano County Water Agency - Lake Beryessa Species Prevention Intern (Announcement & Application)
- Metropolitan Air Quality Management District - Community Incentive Program Intern
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District - Mobile Source/Our Community CarShare
- Legislative Internship - Californians Against Waste
- Research Assistant for Dr. Kneitel, Sac State Dept. of Biological Sciences
- Doris Duke Conservation Scholars Summer Program
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) - Various Internship opportunies
- USDA-WRI-CSUSB-Forest Service Summer Internship
Students of sociology are always encouraged to gain practical experience while they are enrolled in the program at CSU Sacramento. Involvement in the internship program is an excellent way to explore the real world of sociology outside of the classroom. Most students consult with the Internship Coordinator and find a setting suitable to the student's desired sociological emphasis. We always have more internships than we have student interns, so finding an internship that will facilitate students' educational goals is rarely a problem.
Internship opportunities for Sociology majors are numerous and diverse. Some examples of available internships include:
- Youth Organizations: Koinonia Family Services, Coaching Corps
- Women's Programs: WEAVE, Whispers
- Community Organizations: International Rescue Committee, Mutual Housing California
- Research Opportunities: March of Dimes, Hands 4 Hope
- Health: Sutter Health, UC Davis - Center for Reducing Health Disparity
The link provided is a "live document", thus it will be continually updated to provide students with more options for ageny placements. A hard copy of this document is available for review in the department office (Amador Hall 450).
To enroll in an internship, please contact the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Charles Varano (email@example.com).