About Liberal Studies
Liberal Studies provides a broad academic program encouraging academic excellence, diversity, community, and collaboration. There are 2 tracks in the Liberal Studies Program; general & pre-credential tracks
- Prospective students: Email unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to Kristen Anderegg. Evaluations can take up to 2 business weeks
Current students are required to have advising EVERY semester until they graduate
- Continuing students: Schedule an online advising appointment. See directions below
1. Login: csus.campus.eab.com using Chrome/Firefox, then enter SacState credentials
2. Click: blue Get Assistance button at the top right
3. Choose: Advising, Liberal Studies, pick a date
4. If your date is unavailable, a calendar will show openings
5. After date/time is chosen. Leave comments in the “Would you like to share anything else?” box so the advisor better prepares for the meeting
6. Leave your phone number for text alerts. Click Schedule
That was easy!
Roadmap & Annual Assessment
The Liberal Studies Roadmap provides a pathway to help students complete the degree quickly and efficiently.
The Liberal Studies Learning Objectives help students know what is expected from their coursework.
AAC&U's Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP) VALUE rubrics:
The rubrics articulate fundamental criteria for each learning outcome, with performance descriptors demonstrating progressively more sophisticated levels of attainment. The rubrics are intended for institutional-level use in evaluating and discussing student learning, not for grading. The core expectations articulated in all 16 of the VALUE rubrics can and should be translated into the language of individual campuses, disciplines, and even courses. The utility of the VALUE rubrics is to position learning at all undergraduate levels within a basic framework of expectations such that evidence of learning can by shared nationally through a common dialog and understanding of student success. Click here for the rubrics.