Support Page Content
What are the benefits of membership?
SSAA members receive communications, invitations to events, opportunities to share expertise, and information on ways to connect with fellow alumni and students. Members are also eligible for an incredible number of benefits from a wide array of campus partners and businesses.
How is Sacramento State Alumni Association membership changing, and why?
Starting January 1, 2020, all alumni are now members of the Sacramento State Alumni Association! All requirements to pay dues/fees or make a donation to be a member have been removed, creating a truly inclusive model where everyone has access to alumni membership services and programs.
Who is eligible for SSAA membership?
All Sacramento State alumni are members of the Sacramento State Alumni Association (SSAA)! When you claim your membership card and update your information, you instantly start receiving all the benefits that membership has to offer. SSAA membership is open to all alumni, faculty, staff, emeriti, former students, donors, and friends of Sacramento State. Our primary audience is alumni but we welcome others who are passionate about Sacramento State and alumni engagement to join.
I’m a life member. What do these changes mean for me?
You are and always will be a treasured part of the Sacramento State Alumni Association. We will continue to recognize the investment you have made and commemorate your status as a legacy life member. As a Legacy Life Member, you will still have access to the benefits you currently enjoy.
Our mission is to keep alumni connected to Sacramento State and for years this was primarily accomplished through paid membership. Thanks to the support of life members like you, we are now in a place that we can approach this in a more inclusive manner and seek funding elsewhere. It may be a struggle in the beginning but we know we are going in the right direction.
We sincerely hope you will continue to be a leader as a connected and involved alum. We appreciate your contributions to help us get to this place and plan to celebrate you on an annual basis with something just for our Legacy Life Members.
I’m an annual member. What do these changes mean for me?
We will honor your membership with all its benefits through its duration. It is because of loyal alumni (like you!) joining the Alumni Association that we are able to make this change. Our mission is to keep alumni connected to Sacramento State and for years this was primarily accomplished through paid membership. We are now in a place that we can approach this in a more inclusive manner and seek funding elsewhere. It may be a struggle in the beginning but we know we are going in the right direction.
We sincerely hope you will continue to be a leader as a connected and involved alum. We appreciate your contributions to help us get to this place and plan to celebrate you during this last year of your paid membership. Looking to the future, we hope you will continue to support Alumni Association programs through giving opportunities.
Will my membership expire? Do I need to renew my membership?
Now that all alumni are members, your Sacramento State Alumni Association membership will not expire. In order to make the most of your membership, we will invite and encourage you to regularly update your contact information and send in class notes to share your accomplishments, job changes, etc.
Why be an active member of the SSAA?
Some things are a part of you forever. The Sacramento State Alumni Association (SSAA) is your Hornet connection for life. It's a great time to get invovlved!
- Express your pride; extend your reach. As a Sacramento State graduate, you are part of the Hornet family. Make the most of those ties by being part of the Sacramento State Alumni Association.
- Support current students. Alumni Association programs, events, and scholarships bring students and alumni together. Your membership has an immediate and tangible impact on Sacramento State’s future.
- Increase the value of your degree. Successful universities have a strong alumni foundation—proud graduates who want others to know that the education and social experience they received at their school was better than all the rest.
- Enjoy the privileges of membership. When you are active with the SSAA, you strengthen your ties with your alma mater and your fellow Hornets. And that can provide significant benefits, including professional networking events, alumni career services, tailgates and athletic activities, mentoring opportunities, and campus and community discounts.
Will I need a membership card?
When alumni and friends complete the online form to claim their membership card, they will receive a digital card via email. Members are encouraged to save the email or take a screen shot of the card on their phone to show benefit providers in order to access the benefit. Legacy life members are welcome to continue using their plastic membership cards.
How can I affiliate with a chapter? How many chapters can I select?
You can select chapters to affiliate with when you fill out our online form to claim your membership card. Sacramento State Alumni Association members can affiliate with up to three chapters. Our chapters provide the opportunity to develop professional networks, advance social networks, volunteer in the community, engage with students, continue your education, and connect with your alma mater. You may change your chapter affiliations at any time by contacting the Sacramento State Alumni Association at (916) 278-6295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What programs and activities are available through the SSAA?
By refocusing our membership structure, we are renewing our commitment to all of our graduates—strengthening the ways we support you in your career and well-being throughout your lifetime. Alumni engagement at Sacramento State is anchored in the following interrelated programmatic areas:
- Alumni Programming: Regional connections and content to suit our diverse base of Hornet alumni (including professional networking events, alumni career services, tailgates and athletic activities, mentoring opportunities, and campus and community discounts)
- Supporting Student Success: Career exploration opportunities, mentoring, speaker panels, scholarships, and more
- Recent Graduate Engagement: Programming and volunteerism aimed at the unique needs, personal life experiences, and professional stages of recent graduates
- Chapters and Affinity Groups: Connections and programs that are based on our graduates’ activities, affiliations, and interests
- Volunteer Engagement: Experiences and recognition to serve as Sacramento State ambassadors, increase Hornet Pride, and support our campus community
How will you fund the SSAA programs without membership dues?
Starting Jan. 1, 2020, with the support of the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association Board of Directors, we have developed a solution to make our operating budget without the need for membership dues by partnering with the Annual Giving Office and Development Office at Sacramento State.
Why give to the Sacramento State Alumni Association?
Your generous donations to the Sacramento State Alumni Association make our programs for alumni, recent graduates, and current students possible. Thanks to proud Hornets like you, we are able to offer professional networking opportunities, mentorship programs and career support, alumni chapters and affinity groups, volunteerism, and community activities that keep you connected with your alma mater. We invite you to continue your support and give to the Sacramento State Alumni Association today.