Support Page Content
Great news! Starting January 1, 2020, all alumni are now members of the Sacramento State Alumni Association! When you claim your membership card and update your information, you are taking the first step to be involved with the Alumni Association as well as strengthening your ties to Sacramento State and your fellow Hornets.
With your membership card you will have access to the benefits listed below, opportunities to share your expertise, attend events, get involved with a chapter, and much more! Being an active member is a great way to show you are a proud Hornet and to recognize what your degree has done for you. It's a great time to get involved!
Go Hornets and Stingers up!
- How is Sacramento State Alumni Association (SSAA) membership changing, and why?
- Who is eligible for SSAA membership?
- I’m a life member. What do these changes mean for me?
- I’m an annual member. What do these changes mean for me?
- Will my membership expire? Do I need to renew my membership?
- Why be active with the Sacramento State Alumni Association?
- What are the benefits of membership?
- Will I need a membership card?
- How can I affiliate with a chapter? How many chapters can I select?
- What programs and activities are available through the SSAA?
- How will you fund the SSAA programs without membership dues?
- Why give to the Sacramento State Alumni Association?
Benefits subject to change at any time.
- Alumni Center: Our members can reserve the Harper Alumni Center for private events. The Harper Alumni Center is host to weddings, conferences, special events, and meetings. A rental fee and proof of insurance will apply. To reserve your date, call (916) 278-7809 or email the Alumni Center for more information.
- Alumni Grove: Our members can reserve the campus' Alumni Grove and restroom facilities for private events through the Office of Space Management. A rental fee and proof of insurance will apply. Call (916) 278-6507 or email Space Management for reservation information at least 60 days in advance.
- Aquatic Center: Members receive one-time discount of affiliate pricing on equipment rentals and all leisure classes, including sailing, windsurfing, stand up paddling, rowing, and more. Legacy Life members receive affiliate pricing anytime. Members must be participating in the activities to receive the discount. Please present your Sacramento State Alumni Association card or membership email and ID to the Aquatic Center staff upon your arrival.
- Bookstore: Members receive a 10 percent discount on regular price Hornet Bookstore merchandise. Discount does not apply to computer software or hardware, electronics, or textbooks. Legacy Life members also receive free coffee while they shop! Please show your Alumni Association card or membership email and ID at checkout to receive this discount.
- Class Ring: The Alumni Association is proud to partner with Balfour to celebrate your academic achievement at Sacramento State with a class ring. Steeped in tradition, Balfour class rings are hand-crafted and completely customizable. From featuring our University seal to picking the gem of your choice, order your class ring today.
- Library: For a modest fee, members are entitled to check out books from any library of any campus in the California State University system. Privileges and fees vary according to campus. At Sacramento State, an Association member may check out as many as five books at any one time. Simply present your membership card at the library to receive this benefit. For more information, please call (916) 278-6708. Please show your Alumni Association card or membership email and ID at the Library to receive this benefit.
- Peak Adventures: Members recieve affiliate pricing for all adventure trips and a 10 percent discount on outdoor equipment rental. Recreational activities include guided outdoor trips, youth campus, ropes course programs, clinics and classes on many outdoor subjects. Please show your Alumni Association card or membership email and ID when registering to receive this benefit. For more information, please call (916) 278-6321.
- The WELL: Members are eligible to sign up for The WELL at monthly alumni membership rates. The Wellness, Education, Leisure and Lifestyle facility known as "The WELL" is Sac State's fitness and wellness facility. For membership types and monthly rates, please visit The WELL online. All new memberships much be processed in person, please bring your Alumni Association membership card or membership email, personal ID, and a voided check. Parking permit not included. For more information please visit The WELL or call (916) 278-9355.
- Theatre & Dance Productions: Members pay the student price on all performances. Simply show your membership card or membership email and ID at the box office when purchasing your tickets.
- Auto and Home: The Alumni Association has teamed up with Liberty Mutual to provide a group discount on auto, home, and renters insurance. Call toll free at (888) 958-2146 or visit us online.
- Pet Insurance: You can't predict when your pet is going to get hurt or sick, but you can help prepare financially for when they do with the Hartville Pet Insurance voluntary benefit program, brought to you by Liberty Mutual. With customizable coverage options it's easy to find the right plan for your pet at the right price for you. Use promo code: LMSACSTATEALUMNI to receive up to 10% off a single pet and 20% off multiple pet insurance plan. (Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company. Discounts not available in HI.)
- Career Counseling & Development: Finding the right career doesn’t just happen. But with focus, planning, and the right support, you can find your meaningful career. Members receive a 20 percent discount on career counseling and development services provided by Andrea Weiss, a national certified counselor with over 20 years of experience. Please email Andrea Weiss or call (530) 756-8219.
- Sac State Career Center: Services are complimentary for Hornet alumni. Career Center services include: drop-in services, career counseling follow-up appointments, Handshake, career assessments, Big Interview training program, and all Career Center events.
- College of Continuing Education: Members receive a 10 percent discount on select non-credit classes offered through the College of Continuing Education. To enroll and received your discount, please go to Napa Hall, 3000 State University Drive East and present your membership card or membership email with ID. Must register in person. For more information or to request a course catalog, call (916) 278-4433.
- Hotel Discounts: Members receive discounts at participating Clarion, Comfort, Quality, Econo Lodge, Rodeway and MainStay hotels worldwide. Email the Alumni Association or call (916) 278-6295 to receive the code number and toll free number needed to receive the discount when making advance reservations.
- Rental Car Discounts: Email the Alumni Association or call (916) 278-6295 to receive an Internet code used for discount rental car coupons from National, Hertz, Budget, Alamo, Avis and Auto Europe. Visit us online to access member only discounts.
- Wild at Work: Receive discount tickets at amusement parks and other popular destinations with Wild at Work. Email the Alumni Association or call (916) 278-6295 for the login necessary to receive your member discount when receiving purchases.
If your business would like to participate in the discount program, please contact the Alumni Association at (916) 278-6295 or email@example.com.
NOTE: Promotions may not be combined with other coupons, offers or specials.
- California Moving Systems: Receive 10 percent off hourly rates for local moving (household or office) and 25-65 percent off published tariff rates for long distance moving. First month free storage with qualified time commitment, including free pickup, for household or business records storage. Mobile storage is also available, please call (800) 821-8788 or visit online for more information.
- Farm Fresh to You: Receive a $10 discount on the first box of organic produce you order from Farm Fresh to You. Receive regular deliveries of nutrient rich, mouthwatering, organic produce delivered directly to your home or office. Members can call (916) 278-6295 for promotional code.
- Forever Resorts: Receive a 10 percent discount on houseboat rentals. Call (800) 255-5561 and mention ALUMNI for the 10 percent off. LEARN MORE
- Legal Services: Members receive a 15 percent discount on legal fees associated with Rebecca A. Gardner's services provided at HMS Law Group LLP, which includes but is not limited to estate planning, probate, trust administration, business planning and art law. For questions, please email at (916) 252-0447 or Rebecca A. Gardner.
- Sacramento Business Journal: New subscribers can receive 52 weeks of the Sacramento Business Journal for just $55. This includes print or digital delivery. You also receive the Book of Lists, best places to work, best real estate projects, partners in philanthropy, and more! To learn more, please email Delania Lustig or call (916) 558-7883.
How is Sacramento State Alumni Association membership changing, and why?
Starting January 1, 2020, all alumni are now members of the Sacramento State Alumni Association! All requirements to pay dues/fees or make a donation to be a member have been removed, creating a truly inclusive model where everyone has access to alumni membership services and programs. (Return to FAQs)
Who is eligible for SSAA membership?
All Sacramento State alumni are members of the Sacramento State Alumni Association (SSAA)! When you claim your membership card and update your information, you instantly start receiving all the benefits that membership has to offer. SSAA membership is open to all alumni, faculty, staff, emeriti, former students, donors, and friends of Sacramento State. Our primary audience is alumni but we welcome others who are passionate about Sacramento State and alumni engagement to join. (Return to FAQs)
I’m a life member. What do these changes mean for me?
You are and always will be a treasured part of the Sacramento State Alumni Association. We will continue to recognize the investment you have made and commemorate your status as a legacy life member. As a Legacy Life Member, you will still have access to the benefits you currently enjoy.
Our mission is to keep alumni connected to Sacramento State and for years this was primarily accomplished through paid membership. Thanks to the support of life members like you, we are now in a place that we can approach this in a more inclusive manner and seek funding elsewhere. It may be a struggle in the beginning but we know we are going in the right direction.
We sincerely hope you will continue to be a leader as a connected and involved alum. We appreciate your contributions to help us get to this place and plan to celebrate you on an annual basis with something just for our Legacy Life Members. (Return to FAQs)
I’m an annual member. What do these changes mean for me?
We will honor your membership with all its benefits through its duration. It is because of loyal alumni (like you!) joining the Alumni Association that we are able to make this change. Our mission is to keep alumni connected to Sacramento State and for years this was primarily accomplished through paid membership. We are now in a place that we can approach this in a more inclusive manner and seek funding elsewhere. It may be a struggle in the beginning but we know we are going in the right direction.
We sincerely hope you will continue to be a leader as a connected and involved alum. We appreciate your contributions to help us get to this place and plan to celebrate you during this last year of your paid membership. Looking to the future, we hope you will continue to support Alumni Association programs through giving opportunities. (Return to FAQs)
Will my membership expire? Do I need to renew my membership?
Now that all alumni are members, your Sacramento State Alumni Association membership will not expire. In order to make the most of your membership, we will invite and encourage you to regularly update your contact information and send in class notes to share your accomplishments, job changes, etc. (Return to FAQs)
Why be an active member of the SSAA?
Some things are a part of you forever. The Sacramento State Alumni Association (SSAA) is your Hornet connection for life. It's a great time to get invovlved!
- Express your pride; extend your reach. As a Sacramento State graduate, you are part of the Hornet family. Make the most of those ties by being part of the Sacramento State Alumni Association.
- Support current students. Alumni Association programs, events, and scholarships bring students and alumni together. Your membership has an immediate and tangible impact on Sacramento State’s future.
- Increase the value of your degree. Successful universities have a strong alumni foundation—proud graduates who want others to know that the education and social experience they received at their school was better than all the rest.
- Enjoy the privileges of membership. When you are active with the SSAA, you strengthen your ties with your alma mater and your fellow Hornets. And that can provide significant benefits, including professional networking events, alumni career services, tailgates and athletic activities, mentoring opportunities, and campus and community discounts.
What are the benefits of membership?
SSAA members receive communications, invitations to events, opportunities to share expertise, and information on ways to connect with fellow alumni and students. Members are also eligible for an incredible number of benefits from a wide array of campus partners and businesses. (Return to FAQs)
Will I need a membership card?
When alumni and friends complete the online form to claim their membership card, they will receive a digital card via email. Members are encouraged to save the email or take a screen shot of the card on their phone to show benefit providers in order to access the benefit. Legacy life members are welcome to continue using their plastic membership cards. (Return to FAQs)
How can I affiliate with a chapter? How many chapters can I select?
You can select chapters to affiliate with when you fill out our online form to claim your membership card. Sacramento State Alumni Association members can affiliate with up to three chapters. Our chapters provide the opportunity to develop professional networks, advance social networks, volunteer in the community, engage with students, continue your education, and connect with your alma mater. You may change your chapter affiliations at any time by contacting the Sacramento State Alumni Association at (916) 278-6295 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Return to FAQs)
What programs and activities are available through the SSAA?
By refocusing our membership structure, we are renewing our commitment to all of our graduates—strengthening the ways we support you in your career and well-being throughout your lifetime. Alumni engagement at Sacramento State is anchored in the following interrelated programmatic areas:
- Alumni Programming: Regional connections and content to suit our diverse base of Hornet alumni (including professional networking events, alumni career services, tailgates and athletic activities, mentoring opportunities, and campus and community discounts)
- Supporting Student Success: Career exploration opportunities, mentoring, speaker panels, scholarships, and more
- Recent Graduate Engagement: Programming and volunteerism aimed at the unique needs, personal life experiences, and professional stages of recent graduates
- Chapters and Affinity Groups: Connections and programs that are based on our graduates’ activities, affiliations, and interests
- Volunteer Engagement: Experiences and recognition to serve as Sacramento State ambassadors, increase Hornet Pride, and support our campus community
How will you fund the SSAA programs without membership dues?
Starting Jan. 1, 2020, with the support of the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association Board of Directors, we have developed a solution to make our operating budget without the need for membership dues by partnering with the Annual Giving Office and Development Office at Sacramento State. (Return to FAQs)
Why give to the Sacramento State Alumni Association?
Your generous donations to the Sacramento State Alumni Association make our programs for alumni, recent graduates, and current students possible. Thanks to proud Hornets like you, we are able to offer professional networking opportunities, mentorship programs and career support, alumni chapters and affinity groups, volunteerism, and community activities that keep you connected with your alma mater. We invite you to continue your support and give to the Sacramento State Alumni Association today.