Support Page Content
Culminating Experience Workshop
The Office of Graduate Studies cordially invites you to attend our Culminating Experience Format Workshop. The workshop is designed to help students:
- Understand the final steps to degree completion;
- Format their culminating experience (for those who are completing a thesis, project, or dissertation);
- With strategies for studying for the Comprehensive Examination (for those completing a Comprehensive Examination).
Registration Opens: September 12, 2022
Registration Closes: October 17, 2022
Fall 2022-Thesis, Project, Dissertation Review Registration
- Student must have completed the mandatory format workshop prior to submitting their Culminating Experience.
- Check-Ins are for students who are graduating in the current semester to submit their Culminating Experience.
- NO WALK-INS. PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
Disclaimer: Ample appointment slots have been allocated to accommodate all graduating students. However, students are encouraged to sign up for appointments early in the submission cycle. Failure to sign up for an appointment, and/or show up to an appointment may delay a student's degree completion timeline.
Students should be advised that if they cancel an appointment once the submission period begins, OGS cannot guarantee another appointment will be available, and thus, students may have to move their graduation date and submit during the next submission cycle.
The pathway is Advising > Graduate Studies > T/P/D Review and Submission > Pick an available appointment date and time.
|Thesis / Project / Dissertation Review Registration Period||Thesis / Project / Dissertation Review Appointment and Submissions Dates|
|Monday, November 14, 2022 at 9 a.m. - Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.||Monday, November 28 - Thursday, December 1, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, December 2, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Deadline to submit: December 2nd at 3 p.m.
Fall 2022 New Student Orientation Dates
Orientation is a fun, informative event that lasts about 120 minutes. We are offering three orientation sessions, select a date and mark your calendar.
Registration in now open:
- Saturday, July 16, 9 – 11 a.m. (PDT) (Zoom) Registration Closed (FILLED TO CAPACITY)
- Wednesday, July 27, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. (PDT) (Zoom) Registration Closed (FILLED TO CAPACITY)
- Thursday, August 18, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (PDT) (Zoom) Registration Closed- (FILLED TO CAPACITY)
Following orientation, you are enrolled in Hornet Grad School Success (a self-paced Canvas course) where during your first semester you can complete modules to enhance your academic, social and professional experience.
FALL 2022 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Student Registration Timelines
- June 30 to August 25: New Graduate Student open registration
- July 11 to August 25: Continuing Graduate Student open registration
- August 26-28: Enrollment closes for everyone as waitlist are removed & rosters finalized
- August 29: First day of Fall 2022. Later registration continues up to census date
- September 26: Fall 2022 census date. Enrollment locks.
Tips & Reminders
- Check your MySacState account for important information (e.g. holds, payments)
- Clear all registration holds
- If needed, contact your faculty advisor or graduate coordinator for details about coursework in your program