Support Page Content
To help support our "virtual University" during the COVID-19 campus closures, the Laptop Checkout program has been updated for long-term, remote use for current Sac State Faculty, Staff, and Students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pre-loaded PC and Mac devices offer current technology and course software.
- Automatically updated with weekly KACE Desktop Alerts software patches to ensure device security - look for the pop-up every Thursday.
- Limited quantities of web cams, headsets, Wi-Fi hot spots, and document cams.
- Continuing Faculty, Staff, and Students who are taking courses or working during Fall 2020 may keep equipment through December 2020; the checkout window is automatically extended without needing to re-apply.
- If you are not returning for the Fall 2020 semester - or have purchased personal equipment in the meantime - you'll need to return your checked out devices/equipment by June 5, 2020. Please contact the IRT Service Desk Team for return options.
How to Request a Laptop or Equipment
A Faculty or Staff member must send a long-term laptop checkout request on your behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must come from their own Sac State email account and include:
- Item(s) requested
- Student's first and last name
- Student's email address
- Phone number
- Faculty & Staff
Please send an email from your Sac State account, and include the item(s) you'd like to request, your name, email address, and phone number to email@example.com.
When your request is approved, the IRT Service Desk Team will contact you to discuss pickup and shipping options.
Checking Out A Laptop
General Checkout Guidelines
- Devices and available accessories must be requested formally, and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Laptops/devices are temporarily available for long-term on and off-campus use.
- One (1) laptop/device can be checked out through the end of the semester (May 20), however, you are encouraged to return the device into inventory as soon as possible to help others in need.
- Laptops/devices require authentication with your SacLink username and password and are to be used for coursework.
Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Equipment
If a laptop/device is damaged, lost, stolen or not returned while checked out in your name, you'll be required to reimburse Sacramento State for the cost of repairing or replacing the laptop/device. If the laptop/device is lost or stolen, you will be charged a minimum replacement fee of $2,000. If it is damaged, you’re responsible for any repair costs. Please refer to the Loan Agreement and Use Policy for the conditions of use.