Support Page Content
Need a “stunt” laptop or device? IRT’s Laptop Checkout service offers free checkout of devices including laptops, iPads, and Surfaces at three convenient campus locations.
- Free, four-hour device checkout to all Sac State students with a OneCard and active SacLink account.
- Pre-loaded devices offer current technology and course software.
- Direct file storage access to your SacFiles U: drive to save your work, or easily upload to your Office 365 OneDrive.
- PrintSmart-ready to print your work directly from your checked out device.
Checking Out A Laptop
Locations, Devices & Hours
General Checkout Guidelines
- Laptops/devices are for on-campus use only.
- One (1) laptop/device can be checked out for four (4) hours at a time.
- No reservations are accepted for laptops/devices.
- Device checkouts must be made in person, using your campus OneCard.
- Laptops/devices require authentication with your SacLink username and password.
- Laptops must be returned to their original checkout location 30 minutes before closing for the University Union and AIRC 2004 locations, and one (1) hour before closing for the Library.
- Late fees will be assessed if you are unable to return the laptop/device by its check-in time.
- Accessories including Mac adapters, video, and audio cables are available on a first-come first-serve basis at the IRT 24/7 Computer Lab in AIRC 2004, and the 1st floor Library Service Desk.
Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Equipment
If a laptop/device is damaged, lost, stolen or not returned while checked out in your name, you'll be required to reimburse Sacramento State for the cost of repairing or replacing the laptop/device. If the laptop/device is lost or stolen, you will be charged a minimum replacement fee of $2,000. If it is damaged, you’re responsible for any repair costs. Please refer to the Loan Agreement and Use Policy for the conditions of use.
To contest a fee or hold, please visit the checkout location.