Support Page Content
Laptop & Equipment Checkout
Updated 1/12/21: To continue supporting remote teaching, learning, and working during the COVID-19 campus closures, the Laptop Checkout & Equipment Program offers long-term, remote use for current Sac State Faculty, Staff, and Students on a first-come, first-served basis.
We offer limited quantities of the following:
- Pre-loaded PC and Mac devices offer current technology and course software. Devices are automatically updated with weekly KACE Desktop Alerts software patches to ensure device security - look for the pop-up every Thursday.
- Web cams, headsets, Wi-Fi hot spots, and document cams.
Students may also want to check out the Hornet Laptop Discount Program – designed to help reduce the cost of purchasing a laptop through a special CARES Grant. Promotion runs through February 5, 2021, so don’t miss out!
Checking Out A Laptop
General Checkout Guidelines
- Devices and available accessories must be requested formally, and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One (1) laptop/device can be checked out through the end of the semester (May 21), however, whenever you're finished using the device, please return it as soon as possible to help your other fellow Hornets.
- Laptops/devices require authentication with your SacLink username and password and are to be used for coursework.
- Laptops/devices are temporarily available for long-term on and off-campus use.
- Continuing Faculty, Staff, and Students who are taking courses or working during Spring 2021 may keep equipment through May 2021; the checkout window is automatically extended without needing to re-apply.
How to Request a Laptop or Equipment
A Faculty or Staff member must send a long-term laptop or equipment checkout request on your behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must come from their own Sac State email account and include:
- Item(s) requested
- Student's first and last name
- Student's email address
- Phone number
Faculty & Staff
Please send an email from your Sac State account, and include the item(s) you'd like to request, your name, email address, and phone number to email@example.com.
Equipment Pick Ups & Returns
When your request is approved, the IRT Service Desk Team will contact you to discuss pickup and/or shipping options.
If you no longer need your loaned device/equipment (you were able to purchase your own, or have made other arrangements), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to return the items so your fellow Hornets may have an opportunity. Thank you!
Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Equipment
If a laptop/device is damaged, lost, stolen or not returned while checked out in your name, you'll be required to reimburse Sacramento State for the cost of repairing or replacing the laptop/device. If the laptop/device is lost or stolen, you will be charged a minimum replacement fee of $2,000. If it is damaged, you’re responsible for any repair costs. Please refer to the Loan Agreement and Use Policy for the conditions of use.
Please refer to Property Management’s Lost, Missing, Stolen or Destroyed Property & Equipment procedures.