Support Page Content
Web Publishers: Essential Information
The "WCM" (Web Content Management system) hosts the majority of online content in the CSUS ecosystem.
Web & Mobile Services provides an online library of instructional material for the WCM you can reference in the Web Publishing Knowledge Base.
The Web & Mobile Services Team is continuously working to improve the editing experience for web publishers and usability for site visitors.
Becoming A WCM Publisher
If you or a member of your team need access or specific provisioning to the Web Content Management system (WCM), have your manager complete the Request WCM Access form on your behalf. Additionally, all users must first complete an online Canvas course, demonstrating an acceptable level of understanding of accessibility standards and usability best practices prior to being provisioned into the WCM.
- Completing this course is required to gain edit permissions.
- Bi-annual recertification will be required to maintain publishing privileges.
- If you are not provisioned, you can contact the Web Publisher in your area to make changes to your website or submit a service ticket.
- Additional steps are required to manage a campus Trumba events calendar.
Request Training, Support & New Pages
We are happy to provide training and consultation, better preparing you for working on your department or college webpages.
If you are looking to request a new page, please review the information in the Requesting New Pages Knowledge Base article and include it when submitting the service ticket.
Google Analytics Dashboard
Google Analytics help us manage the quality and quantity of website traffic, and provides insights on how to increase the visibility of a website or a web page to search engines. See how your webpage is doing by requesting a report or by visiting the pageview dashboard.
WCM Template Guide
When creating a webpage in the WCM, you can choose from several templates. The WCM Template Guide highlights each template’s content options.
Campus Web Address Guidelines
Web Publisher Meetings
Before the beginning of each semester, the Web & Mobile Services team hosts a Web Publisher Meeting to review new features in the WCM and answer any questions from our web publishers. You can watch recordings of past meetings below.
Web Publisher Meeting Recordings
- August 24, 2023 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- June 13, 2023 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- January 17, 2023 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- April 26, 2022 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- December 7, 2021 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- October 12, 2021 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- August 3, 2021 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- June 8, 2021 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- April 6, 2021 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- February 2, 2021 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- November 17, 2020 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- August 26, 2020 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- July 22, 2020 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- June 17, 2020 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- May 19, 2020 Web Publisher Meeting Recording
- April 3, 2020 Web Publisher Meeting Recording