Support Page Content
Pay By Phone
Students and community visitors to Sacramento may use this convenient payment service to purchase daily parking from their smartphones — no need to visit a physical permit machine.
This service is only valid for student spaces, not faculty staff space.
Sac State Mobile App
- Download Sac State Mobile
- Tap "Parking and Transportation"
- Tap "Pay By Phone"
- Tap "Create an account"
- Follow on-screen instructions to register your phone number and enter credit card information
- Tap "Start New Parking"
- Enter your license plate (use last seven digits of VIN if no license plate is available)
- Use the Sac State location code: 5115
- Choose daily or two-hour parking
*Plus 35¢ transaction fee.
You may also download the free PaybyPhone app from your smartphone app store.
The PayByPhone parking permit is linked to the vehicle’s license plate number (or VIN) that you specify. When the vehicle’s license plate number is checked by the parking officer, it will show the PayByPhone permit purchase.
- Be sure to include the location code: 5115
- New cars with no license plate number can enter the last 7 digits of the vehicle identification number (or VIN).
Visitors Without an App
Visitors and students without a smartphone can use the service by calling PayByPhone’s toll-free number, (866) 234-7275.
Users will get a text five minutes before their time expires, offering the opportunity to increase their parking permit duration.