Support Page Content
Return to Campus: Plan & FAQs
As the pandemic eases and faculty, staff, and students begin returning to campus, check here for information on the transition to a fulfilling University experience as a Hornet Family. Together Again.
We will provide updates as they become available, or as circumstances change.
We are returning to campus – here’s why
More people are being vaccinated and instances of COVID-19 keep falling, meaning Sacramento State will be welcoming more students, faculty, and staff to campus. What does that mean? An opportunity to enjoy a full college experience.
We anticipate that many of our courses will have some component of face-to-face interaction in the fall.
Sac State will continue to follow safety guidelines provided by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Sacramento Department of Public Health, the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA), and the California State University Chancellor’s Office.
As those guidelines are updated, we will adjust our safety protocols to match new standards.
Timing of our return
Sac State President Robert S. Nelsen has shared this schedule for a safe return:
- June 1: All management personnel (MPPs) returned to campus Mondays and Wednesdays, with required approval through OnBase and adherence to the safety protocols.
- Through June 15: All returns to campus must be approved through Sac State’s OnBase electronic system and include a safety plan based on our current safety protocols.
- June 15: Anyone, including students in labs and working on projects, may return to campus with written, explicit approval of their immediate MPP supervisor.
- June 21: All MPPs will work on campus at least Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; offices in Student Affairs, Administration and Business Affairs, and Academic Affairs (including colleges) will begin reopening for at least three days a week.
- July 12: All MPPs will return to campus full time.
- Aug. 2: All offices on campus will be open to the public 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Aug. 16: All offices on campus will be open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Aug. 30: Face-to-face and other instruction begins.