California State University, Sacramento

Based on real user feedback and statistics, no longer supports Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Skip to Main Content

Return to Campus & COVID-19 Information Hornet Family. Together Again.

Support Page Content

COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ

More information for Sacramento State students about COVID-19 vaccinations and testing is available on the Student Affairs coronavirus information web page.

To get vaccinated

Sacramento State’s vaccination site, approved in January 2021 by the CDPH, has administered more than 21,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, including to more than 4,000 employees and student employees. This work was done by Sac State’s health care staff and Nursing students.

Make Your Vaccination Appointment at Sac State

Make Your Vaccination Appointment (All Other Locations)

Why we ask you to be vaccinated

The best way for us all to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to be vaccinated. The CDC has issued guidelines that say that the vaccines are effective and fully vaccinated people can resume many pre-pandemic activities.

The CSU and Sacramento State will require everyone who comes to campus (with limited, specific exceptions) to be vaccinated for the SARS-CoV-2 virus once one or more of the four available vaccines are fully approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or by the beginning of the Fall 2021 term, whichever comes later.

We are working with the Chancellor’s Office to develop a process for certifying vaccination attestations and exemptions. We will share that information as soon as it is available.

The CSU is beginning the meet-and-confer process with the unions and is consulting with the system-wide Academic Senate and California State Student Association. The CSU will publish its COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy upon completion of the meet-and-confer process and a review by university presidents.

In a message sent to the Sac State community on May 20, President Nelsen affirmed the University’s desire for a safe return.

Is Sacramento State a COVID-19 vaccination site?

The University has established a COVID-19 vaccination site in the University Union, delivering the vaccine to students, faculty and staff, as well as the public.

Sacramento State Health Center medical staff and trained Nursing students are administering the vaccine produced by Pfizer.

The number of doses the University administers each week is determined in part by the amount of vaccine provided by the county.

Information about other vaccination opportunities can be found on Sacramento County’s COVID-19 Information website.

Who is eligible for vaccinations at the Sac State site?

Sac State is providing COVID-19 vaccinations following state of California and Sacramento County Public Health guidelines. Currently, vaccinations are available to students, faculty, staff, and the public.

Vaccinations are being administered to members of the University community based on priorities determined by established protocols. Individuals are being notified of their eligibility by an email invitation from the University to schedule an appointment.

  • A Sac State OneCard or a valid government-issued identification card is required for proof of identity.

Members of the community at large may make appointments through the county scheduling system to receive vaccinations at the Sac State site, based upon availability.

More information about the COVID-19 vaccine and vaccination sites and availability can be found on the Sacramento County COVID-19 Information website.

How is vaccine availability, second dose scheduling being communicated?

Individuals who received their first dose of the vaccine at Sacramento State will receive an invitation for their second dose five to seven days before the second dose date.

When and where are vaccinations being provided?

Vaccinations are being given by appointment only, at the vaccination site in the University Union. The vaccine clinic will move to the Terrace Suite of The WELL on Wednesday, July 7, at which point the clinic will run 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.

What does it cost to be vaccinated?

COVID-19 vaccinations are being provided free of charge.