Support Page Content
The California State University-Sacramento Parent & Family Guide will connect you and your student to your Sacramento, CA campus community, provide insider tips and answer your top school questions.
Use the arrows to turn the pages of your Parent & Family Guide, and click on any link or advertisement for more information.
Hornet Parent News is an e-newsletter emailed to parents and family members every month students are in school. If you want to receive the Spanish newsletter, email Haley Myers Dillon.
Family Transitions and New Beginnings
Resources and advice for families supporting students at Sacramento State.
Parent Town Hall Zoom Meetings
Once a month, the Parents & Families Program holds a Town Hall ZOOM to answer the questions and concerns of Sac State parents looking to connect or those who have questions. These calls are an opportunity to explain your student's unique experience on campus to our director, Haley Myers Dillon, and our Parent Ambassadors and build a community for parents sending their children to college. Town Hall Zoom Calls most often take place in the morning on the last Friday of the month. Find out when we will hold the next Town Hall Call and how to call in by signing up for Hornet Parent News, following us on Facebook, or emailing Haley directly.
- February 11, 2022 - Family Town Hall Zoom Meeting for Spring 2022
- Oct. 30 - Virtual Family Weekend Mixer
- Oct. 15 - Hornet Family Town Hall Zoom - Peer Academic Resource Center discusses tutoring, supplemental instruction and intercultural competence services for students
- Aug. 20 – Move-in Day questions with Housing and Vaccine and Other Info for Fall 2021
- May 7, 2021 - General Updates and Q&A with Haley Myers Dillon, Director, Parents & Families
- Apr 23, 2021 - Bill Macriss, Dean of Students and Associate Vice President for Student Engagement
- April 9, 2021 - Career Center Focus
- March 26, 2021 - Student Mental Health
- March 12, 2021 - General Updates and Q&A with Financial Aid
- February 26, 2021 - Virtual Instruction at Sac State: Q&A with Vice Provost Dr. Chris Miller and Dr. Lynn Tashiro from the Center for Teaching and Learning
- February 12, 2021 - Fall Housing Q&A with Executive Director Samuel Jones
- January 29, 2021 - General Updates
- January 29, 2021 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- November 20, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- October 9, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- August 28, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- July 23, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- July 10, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- June 26, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting
- June 12, 2020 - Parent Town Hall Zoom Meeting