Support Page Content
Spring 2022 Closing
North Village Move-Out Guide
North Village Residence Halls Close on Friday, May 20, 2022 at 3 p.m.
We ask that students make plans to fully check-out of their residence hall within 24 hours after their final exam but no later than by 3 p.m. on Friday, May 20.
Checking Out Early?
We recognize that students might want to move-out of their North Village residence hall earlier than Finals Week. You are able to complete an official check-out of your room and hall, within the remaining 30-days of the license agreement beginning April 20. You will still be responsible for all housing charges for the entire semester, even if you move out early.
Late Departure Request
North Village residents who are graduating and/or need to stay beyond 3 p.m. Friday, May 20, 2022, may apply for late departure. Late departure extensions are limited and are usually only approved for students with extenuating circumstances such as students who are graduating or helping with commencement ceremonies (validated through commencement office), Guardian Scholars, confirmed summer school residents, housing staff, athletes with late competitions, etc. Unless confirmed for summer housing, late departure requests may only extend until Sunday, May 22, 2022, therefore please plan accordantly if approved.
Residents who needs to stay late past 3pm on Friday, May 20, 2022 due to extenuating circumstances will need to submit a Late Departure request by Noon on Friday, May 13 at HornetHousing
Your late departure request will be reviewed by your Residence Hall Coordinator, and whether approved or denied, additional information will be emailed to your Sac State account.
If approved for a late departure you are subject to the following guidelines:
- Based on the number of additional nights you are approved for a $37.00 per night fee will be charged to your University account.
- Guardian Scholars, Housing Staff, and Orientation Leaders transitioning into summer housing and graduating seniors participating in graduation ceremonies (5/20-5/22) are exempt from the additional rental fees.
- Meal service in The Servery at the Dining Commons will not be available during the late departure period.
- Residents are responsible for abiding by all terms and conditions of the license agreement as well as the regulations outlined in the residence hall
- No overnight guest(s) are allowed.
Summer Housing Transition
Students who live in North Village and have a confirmed housing assignment for Summer Session #1 or Summer “All”, will be able to stay in their Spring residence hall until their assigned move over date to their summer assignment. Summer transitional move over will occur between May 20 - May 25, as spaces are cleaned and available for students to move. Students MUST be available to move locations during transitional moving dates as stated above (students should not plan a vacation during this time if they plan to participate in Summer Housing Transition). Students unprepared to participate in the transitional move during the dates outlined may be subject to additional fees related to delays in building closures and cleaning schedules.
Students with a confirmed housing assignment for Summer Session #2, will check out at the end of the spring agreement and may not leave or store personal belongings on the premises beyond 3 pm Friday, May 20.
Check-Out Information & Instructions
Please properly prepare your room/suite for moving out and comply with all requirements of the check-out process.
To prepare for check-out please ensure you do the following:
- Attend your mandatory floor If you move-out prior to your mandatory floor meeting, please consult with your RA or your Front Desk staff about move-out procedures.
- You will find a list of recommended cleaning supplies, furniture placement diagrams, extra trash bags, and a limited quantity of basic cleaning supplies will be available at the front desk of your residence hall.
- Discuss with your roommate(s)/suitemates regarding when each of you will be leaving, and determine cleaning schedules to ensure the room/suite is in the same condition when you moved in and meets closing expectations.
- Make arrangements for transportation and, if needed, connect with family and/or friends to finalize your pick-up and transportation plans.
- Sign up for a Check-Out Appointment on HornetHousing starting May 5 through May 13 to participate in either Option 1: In-person Inspection Checkout or Option 2: Express Checkout All residents are required to sign up for an appointment date/time. Information will be sent out by University Housing Services and follow up by your RA.
- If aware of any damage or repairs needed in your room/suite, you should enter a work order (Insert where they submit those). Damage billing is determined by your Residence Hall Coordinator during the final room and building inspections.
- If your current address is your North Village housing assignment, please update your current address with the University. This can be done online through your My Sac State account.
- To ensure your mail reaches your new location we strongly recommend changing your address with vendors, banks, and subscriptions now. In addition, remove the North Village address from Amazon, Target, and other common vendors for which you have auto addresses set up. Packages cannot be forwarded and Amazon does not accept returns.
- Pay any outstanding Housing debts at the Bursar's Office in Lassen Hall.
Before turning in your key/access key and checking out, please do the following:
- Remove all personal property from your bedroom and/or suite common spaces. Check all drawers, closets, and cabinets.
- University Housing Services is not responsible for any items left behind and will not be ship/store any personal items
- Remove posters, wall hangings, decals, lights, etc. as well as any hanging material (3M Command hooks, tape, etc.) from walls, doors, closets, and windows.
- Reset furniture to its original layout and return bed to the 5th
- If you have a bicycle, please take it home with you. Any bicycles left over the summer (including those chained and secured outside or in the bike enclosure) may be cut and removed.
- Desmond, Draper, Jenkins, Riverview, Sierra, & Sutter Halls:
- Clean your room thoroughly and remove all trash.
- Vacuum your room and under furniture.
- Using recommended cleaners wipe down all surfaces, window sills, and inside of drawers.
- If you rented a MicroChill or have a mini-fridge please follow the instructions outlined below:
- Remove and discard items
- Clean and disinfect fridge
- Place a towel under the front to collect any dripping water
- Unplug your fridge for 24 hours before you leave and keep door open
- If you rented a MicroChill you will leave the fridge in your room. MicroChills will be retrieved after closing by Collegiate Concepts on May 21.
- If you own a mini-fridge, you must take the unit with you upon departure.
- American River Courtyard (All suitemates are responsible for the common space cleaning and/or charges):
- Clean your bedroom and common area spaces thoroughly and remove all trash.
- Empty fridge and cabinets and discard all food you will not be taking.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors in your bedroom and suite; including under furniture and couch/chair cushions.
- Wipe down all surfaces, window sills, inside drawers, and cabinets
- Using recommended products clean bathrooms and kitchen appliances (Fridge, stove, dishwasher).
- Discard of all trash to appropriate dumpsters located outside your hall. Do not leave trash/personal items in the hallway, laundry rooms, lounges or trash
- Close and lock your windows and close blinds.
- Do a final walkthrough and ensure that you have removed all property from your assigned bedroom, common areas, and suite bathrooms. Items left behind will be considered abandoned as the storage or mailing of items is unavailable.
- Remove any lanyards/keychains that your key/access key may be on before submitting.
Close and lock your bedroom and/or suite door.
E-Waste, Trash, and Recycling
Items such as old computers, tablets, cell phones, and televisions should be disposed of properly in e-waste receptacles located either in the lobby of your building or at your front desk.
Trash & Recycling
- American Riverview Courtyard and Riverview residents are to take trash and recycle to the dumpsters outside of their
- Please DO NOT discard of any trash in common areas such as bathroom, lounges, kitchens, and laundry room receptacles. Trash must be taken outside to the designated bins. Any overflow of trash within the building may result in charges to resident(s) involved.
- Please DO NOT LEAVE any trash outside American River Courtyard or Riverview Hall trash chute Chutes will be locked to avoid clogs due to excessive trash disposal.
- American River Courtyard residents, please take large trash bags and bulky recyclables (i.e. plastic bins) to the dumpsters located in the Interior.
- Identified trash left in the hallways may be assessed and charged to the resident involved.
I Am Ready To Leave, What Do I Do?
Once you have prepared your space for check-out, you will follow the checkout procedures for the appointment option you selected.
I selected Option 1: In-person Inspection Checkout Appointment, what do I do?
This option is for residents who would like to be present during the preliminary room inspection at the time of their check-out appointment.
In-person inspection checkout appointments may only be requested for resident departures occurring within the dates and timeframes below:
- May 9 - May 19 | 9 am - 10 pm
- May 20 | 9 am - 3 pm
When it is your appointment date/time, remain in your room and a staff person will arrive to conduct your inspection. If, for any reason, no one has arrived within 5 minutes after your scheduled appointment, call down to the front desk of your residential hall and inform the staff that you are ready for your In-Person Inspection Checkout Appointment and are waiting for assistance. A team member will arrive to your room/suite and conduct an inspection. Upon the completion of the preliminary inspection, you will be escorted to the front desk where you will turn in all of your keys and access keys. The charges for an unreturned key or access key is $30 each.
I selected an Express Checkout appointment, what do I do?
This option is for residents who want to schedule a departure after hours. During the express checkout process, residents will skip the in-person inspection process and simply turn in their key. Residents who participate in Express Checkout process waive their right to appeal any damage or cleaning charges that result from the post-checkout room inspection conducted by University Housing Services staff.
Express check-out appointments are the only option available for resident departures occurring outside of the in-person inspection timeframes outlined below (late evening & early morning):
- May 9 - May 19 | 10 pm - 9 am
- May 20 | 12 am - 9 am
- Express Check-Out: Visit your Front Desk to be checked out.
- Your room key and access key must be returned to the front desk at the time of your check-out. If the desk is closed place key and access key into the secure key box located near the front desk. The charge for an unreturned key or access key is $30
- Resident Advisors (RAs) will conduct a preliminary inspection of your room/suite after your departure and you are waiving your right to be present during a check-out inspection
Please note: Late departures who have been approved to check-out after 3 p.m. Friday, May 20 will be contacted by their hall staff to receive instructions on setting up either an in-person or express check out for their approved late departure day and time.
Damage and Cleaning Charges
Rooms/suites are checked by housing staff in the following order:
- An RA will complete the initial room The RA does not apply charges, nor do they make any decisions about charges. The RA only notes the condition of your room/suite.
- An RHC/ARHC will complete the second room assessment. Residence Hall Coordinators (RHCs) and Housing Facilities will assess and document final damage and cleanliness charges based upon their examination of condition of the room/suite at the time of the final inspection.
Note: Damage and cleaning charges may be assessed to your student account for problems with the condition of the room/suite determined by the RHC during their inspection of the room. For AMC residents, all suitemates will share the responsibility for any concerns with the condition of the suite common areas and those damages will be assessed equally amongst all suitemates, unless someone states in writing by the appeal deadline that they are solely responsible. We encourage all students to take photos and video of the space prior to departure for your own records.
Questions Regarding Damage Charges
All damage charges will be posted to your University account by June 1, 2022, and must be paid promptly. Please remember that any past due charges will result in a University hold on your records. This hold will affect the release of your grades and your summer and/or fall registration, etc.
- If necessary, you may email the University Housing Services beginning June 1, 2022 to request a copy of your Inventory Form showing damage
- Questions or appeals regarding room charges must be made via email only to email@example.com.
- Deadline: Appeals for charges must be emailed by 8 am on Monday, June 13, 2022.
Monday, May 16 through Sunday, May 22; Families and friends assisting residence hall students with move-out will have access to a 3-hour courtesy permit link. Courtesy permits will provide temp access to parking in Residence Hall Lot 2, Parking Structure 5-Residential Hall Levels Only, and Lot 11.
University Housing Services will send the permit link to all residents via email. Resident students must provide instructions to their family and/or friends who will be assisting them at move-out. The digital permit must be activated only once the vehicle arrives to campus for move-out.
All vehicle drivers are reminded to park and load only in designated parking spaces or loading zones only. Parking officers will be out enforcing parking guidelines therefore vehicles found parked in a red zone, an ADA space without tag, parked on the grass etc. will be subject to ticketing.
Extended Quiet Hours
- At 7 pm on Sunday, May 8, our extended quiet hours policy begins and extends through Saturday, May 14. Quiet hours will be from 7 pm until 9 am each day within that
- These extended quiet hours are for the residence halls and all surrounding outside locations within the housing complex (including the pool, basketball court, tennis court, quads, etc.)
24 Hour Quiet Hours
- All halls observe 24-hour quiet hours during Finals Week. This is in effect from Sunday, May 15 through
- During the 24-hour quiet hours period, the purpose of the courtesy hours is to encourage community members to still be respectful of the needs of others if you need to take a break from your studies. It is important for community members to appropriately confront noise during this
- 24-hour quiet hours are for the residence halls and all surrounding outside locations within the housing complex (including the pool, basketball court, tennis court, quads, etc.)
If you have questions, see your Resident Advisor, your Front Desk staff, or your Residence Hall Coordinator.