Support Page Content
Fall 2021 Closing and Move-Out
Friday, December 17, 2021, at 3 pm – Friday, January 21, 2022, at 8 am
During this period, you will not have access to enter the halls. Please remember to take all of the belongings you will need during this break period, including any valuables or medications.
Residents should plan to leave within 24 hours of their last final but must be out by 3pm on Friday, December 17, 2021.
Do you have a vacant bed space in your room?
All residents with vacant bed spaces in their room should make sure that space is clean and ready in anticipation of a new resident moving in for the Spring semester. The furniture should be empty and clean as well. If the space is not move-in ready for a roommate, you may have to return during Winter Break to clean the room. RHCs and RAs will be checking spaces often for rooms that have a vacant bed space.
Returning for the Spring? Check-Out Process
All residents should inform their RA when they plan to leave for Winter Break. Residents should not move out all of their belongings for Winter Break; you will only take home the items you need for the Winter Break (valuables and medications included). All residents must complete the Winter Break Closing Check-List and then stop by their Front Desk to check out for the Fall semester. Residents will need to return their keys to the front desk before leaving; residents will get their keys back upon check-in for the Spring semester.
Residents are expected to make sure their room is clean and secure prior to leaving for Winter Break:
- Clean your room, including vacuuming, trash and recycling removal, and washing all dirty dishes.
- Dispose of any perishable food items in cabinets, drawers, or fridges.
- Unplug all electrical cords, including your MicroChill (please defrost first).
- AMC large refrigerators should NOT be unplugged though.
- Turn your alarm clocks off.
- Close and lock all windows and doors; close your blinds and turn off all lights.
- Elevate all belongings off of the floor (only belongings in plastic bins may remain on the floor) and clear your window sill of items on it or below it.
- Bring your bike inside to avoid bike theft during the break.
Approved Cancellation? Move-Out Process
If you are approved for an end-of-semester cancellation, you would need to move out completely and by December 17 at 3 pm. Residents with approved cancellations cannot stay for Winter Break and would not have a 9-month addendum upon cancellation approval.
After cleaning your room and removing all belongings, residents will go to the Front Desk of their building to check out and return all keys. The RA will complete an Inventory inspection after you leave. If you wish to have an in-person inspection in your presence instead, you can request that before you leave. RHCs will do a final room inspection to determine charges based on damages or cleanliness issues.
Remember to check your mailbox and the Hornet Mail Center for any packages. Please change your address on all bills and online sites, and work with the USPS to forward your address.
Late Departure Requests
If you need to stay until Saturday or Sunday due to travel or extenuating circumstances, you will need to request a Late Departure through HornetHousing. The latest date/time a resident can request is 10 am on Sunday.
The Late Departure process will be live on Monday, November 22, 2021. All late departure requests must be submitted by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
All approved late departures are subject to the following:
- An additional rental fee of $37.00 per night will be charged for the additional night(s) of stay. This charge will be assessed to your University account.
- Meal service in The Servery at the Dining Commons will not be available during the late departure period.
- Residents are responsible for abiding by all terms and conditions of the license agreement as well as the regulations outlined in the residence hall handbook.
- No overnight guest(s) are allowed.
Cancellation Process for End-of-Semester
Are you withdrawing for the Spring, Transferring, Graduating, or leaving at the end of your International Exchange Program?
If the answer is yes to any of those, you will need to fill out an End-of-Semester Cancellation Request found on HornetHousing. As long as your reason is supported through University documentation or documentation that you submit for any of these reasons, you will receive instructions for move-out on an Approved Cancellation email. For priority attention and review, please submit by 8 am on December 14, 2021.
Cancellation for Another Reason?
If your cancellation reason is not for Graduation, International Exchange Program Ending, Transferring, or Non-Enrollment/Withdrawal from Sac State, you may still submit a cancellation request. Your cancellation will be reviewed by the North Village Cancellation Committee and a decision will be sent to you via email. The priority deadline will be 8 am on December 14, 2021.
Winter Break Closures
Can I stay during Winter Break?
Only residents with signed 9-month Addendums are permitted to stay in their open residence halls (Riverview Hall, AMC, and Sutter Hall). Any resident without a 9-month addendum would not be permitted to stay or enter the residence halls. If a resident wishes to sign a 9-month addendum, they must email Housing@csus.edu by December 3, 2021 at 8 am and they would be asked to sign the addendum on HornetHousing. The resident would then be charged an additional Fall installment, which would be due on December 15, 2021.
Will the Housing Office be open for Winter Break?
University Housing Services will be closed from December 23, 2021 through December 31, 2021. We will be back open on Monday, January 3, 2022. Questions during the Winter Break period should be directed to the front desk or the RA on-call in Riverview Hall, American River Courtyard, or Sutter Hall.
Room Entry for Fall Closing
University Housing Services staff will be entering resident rooms checking room screens, smoke detectors, air filters and other routine maintenance issues. Policy infractions will be noted and addressed as needed. Please remember to remove trash or other items that may spoil. For the ensured safety of valuables, we recommend taking them home during the Winter Break as the University does not assume liability for personal belongings.
Spring 2022 Move-Out
Friday, May 20, 2022 at 3 pm
All residence halls will close and students are expected to move out by this date and time.
Parking Permits for Families
Fall 2021 Courtesy Permits
Monday, December 13 - Friday, December 17, 2021
A 3-hour virtual courtesy permit will be provided for parents, families, and guardians for the Residence Hall Lot 2 – residents should check their emails prior to the week of closing for the instructions about the courtesy permit. After 3 hours, vehicles can park in the Residence Hall area of Parking Structure V (PS V) on the 5th and 6th floors. Red zones, ADA spaces, parking on the grass, etc. will always be enforced.
E-Waste, Trash, and Recycling
- Items such as old computers and televisions should be disposed of properly in e-waste receptacles located in the American River Courtyard or Riverview Hall.
- Take trash bags and flattened boxes to the dumpsters.
- Keep all trash chute rooms int the American River Courtyard or Riverview Hall clear of trash bags; if the trash chute is full please inform the front desk and take your trash out to a dumpster.
- Identified trash left in the hallways may be assessed and charged to the resident involved.
Extended Quite Hours
- At 7 pm on Sunday, December 5, our extended quiet hours' policy begins and extends through Saturday, December 11. Quiet hours will be from 7 pm until 9 am each day within that week.
- These extended quiet hours are for the residence halls and all surrounding outside locations within the housing complex (including the pool, basketball court, tennis court, quads, etc.).
24 Hour Quiet Hours
- All halls observe 24-hour quiet hours during Finals Week. This is in effect from Sunday, December 12 through closing.
- During the 24-hour quiet hours period, please use 4 pm - 7 pm as hours to do things quietly (cleaning, vacuuming, stress relief activities, etc.) but be mindful of others studying.
- 24-hour quiet hours are for the residence halls and all surrounding outside locations within the housing complex (including the pool, basketball court, tennis court, quads, etc.).