Support Page Content
Fall 2022 Closing
North Village Residence Halls closed for Winter Break
Friday, December 16, 2022 at 3 pm – Friday, January 20, 2023 at 8 am
During this period, you will not have access to enter the North Village residence halls. Please remember to take all of the belongings you will need during this break period, including any valuables or medications.
Residents should plan to leave within 24 hours of their last final but must be out by 3pm on Friday, December 16, 2022.
Residents with 9-month Addendum living in American River Courtyard, Riverview Hall, or Klamath Hall will be able to stay or come-and-go throughout Winter Break.
Do you have a vacant bed space in your room?
All residents with vacant bed spaces in their room should make sure that space is clean and ready in anticipation of a new resident moving in for the Spring semester. The furniture should be empty and clean as well. If the space is not move-in ready for a roommate, you may have to return during Winter Break to clean the room. RHCs and RAs will be checking spaces often for rooms that have a vacant bed space.
Returning for the Spring? Check-Out Process
All residents should inform their RA when they plan to leave for Winter Break. Residents should not move out all of their belongings for Winter Break; you will only take home the items you need for the Winter Break (valuables and medications included). All residents must complete the Winter Break Closing Check-List and then stop by their Front Desk to check out for the Fall semester. Residents will need to sign before leaving; residents will keep their keys and access card throughout Winter Break. Residents will be checked back in for the Spring semester.
Residents are expected to make sure their room is clean and secure prior to leaving for Winter Break:
- Clean your room, including vacuuming, trash and recycling removal, and washing all dirty dishes.
- Dispose of any perishable food items in cabinets, drawers, or fridges.
- Unplug all electrical cords, including your MicroChill (please defrost first).
- AMC large refrigerators should NOT be unplugged though.
- Turn your alarm clocks off.
- Close and lock all windows and doors; close your blinds and turn off all lights.
- Elevate all belongings off of the floor (only belongings in plastic bins may remain on the floor) and clear your window sill of items on it or below it.
- Bring your bike inside to avoid bike theft during the break.
Do you have an Approved Cancellation? Move-Out Process
If you are approved for an end-of-semester cancellation, you would need to move out completely and by December 16, 2022 at 3 pm. Residents with approved cancellations cannot stay for Winter Break and would not have a 9-month addendum upon cancellation approval.
All residents with approved end-of-semester, cancellations will need to make a Move-Out Appointment through the HornetHousing Portal. Check your email for details closer to move-out.
After cleaning your room and removing all belongings, residents will go to the Front Desk of their building to check out and return all keys and access cards. The RA will complete an Inventory Inspection before you leave. RHCs will do a final room inspection to determine charges based on damages or cleanliness issues.
Remember to check your mailbox and the Hornet Mail Center for any packages. Please change your address on all bills and online sites.
Late Departure Requests for December
If you need to stay until Saturday or Sunday due to travel or extenuating circumstances, you will need to request a Late Departure through the HornetHousing Portal. The latest date/time a resident can request is noon on Sunday.
The Late Departure process will be live by Monday, December 5, 2022. All late departure requests must be submitted by Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
All approved late departures are subject to the following:
- An additional rental fee of $37.00 per night will be charged for the additional night(s) of stay. This charge will be assessed to your University account.
- Meal service in The Servery at the Dining Commons will not be available during the late departure period.
- Residents are responsible for abiding by all terms and conditions of the license agreement as well as the regulations outlined in the residence hall handbook.
- No overnight guest(s) are allowed.
Cancellation Process for End-of-Semester
Are you withdrawing for the Spring, Transferring, Graduating, or leaving at the end of your International Exchange Program?
If the answer is yes to any of those, you will need to fill out an End-of-Semester Cancellation Request found on the HornetHousing Portal under North Village Forms. As long as your reason is supported through University documentation or documentation that you submit for any of these reasons, you will receive instructions for move-out on an Approved Cancellation email. For priority attention and review, please submit by 8 am on December 14, 2022.
Cancellation for Another Reason?
If your cancellation reason is not for Graduation, International Exchange Program Ending, Transferring, or Non-Enrollment/Withdrawal from Sac State, you may still submit a cancellation request. Your cancellation will be reviewed by the North Village Cancellation Committee and a decision will be sent to you via email. The priority deadline will be 8 am on December 9, 2022.
Winter Break Closures
Can I stay during Winter Break?
Only residents with signed 9-month Addendums are permitted to stay in their open residence halls (Riverview Hall, AMC, and Klamath Hall). Any resident without a 9-month addendum would not be permitted to stay or enter the residence halls. If a resident wishes to sign a 9-month addendum, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 am on December 9, 2022, and they would be asked to sign the addendum on HornetHousing. The resident would then be charged an additional Fall installment, which would be due on December 15, 2022.
Will the Housing Office be open for Winter Break?
University Housing Services will be closed from December 23, 2022 through January 2, 2023. We will be back open on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. Questions during the Winter Break period should be directed to the front desk or the RA on-call in Riverview Hall, American River Courtyard, or Klamath Hall.
Room Entry for Fall Closing
University Housing Services staff will be entering resident rooms checking room screens, smoke detectors, air filters and other routine maintenance issues. Policy infractions will be noted and addressed as needed. Please remember to remove trash or other items that may spoil. For the ensured safety of valuables, we recommend taking them home during the Winter Break as the University does not assume liability for personal belongings.
Parking Permits for Families
Fall 2022 Courtesy Permits
Monday, December 12 - Friday, December 16, 2022
A 3-hour virtual courtesy permit will be provided for parents, families, and guardians for the Residence Hall Lot 2 – residents should check their emails prior to the week of closing for the instructions about the courtesy permit. After 3 hours, vehicles can park in the Residence Hall area of Parking Structure V (PS V) on the 5th and 6th floors. Red zones, ADA spaces, parking on the grass, etc. will always be enforced.
E-Waste, Trash, and Recycling
- Items such as old computers and televisions should be disposed of properly by bringing to your building front desk for disposal.
- Take trash bags and flattened boxes to the dumpsters.
- Keep all trash chute rooms in the American River Courtyard or Riverview Hall clear of trash bags; if the trash chute is full please inform the front desk and take your trash out to a dumpster.
- Identified trash left in the hallways may be assessed and charged to the resident involved.
Extended Quiet Hours
- At 7 pm on Sunday, December 5, our extended quiet hours' policy begins and extends through Saturday, December 11. Quiet hours will be from 7 pm until 9 am each day within that week.
- These extended quiet hours are for the residence halls and all surrounding outside locations within the housing complex (including the pool, basketball court, tennis court, quads, etc.).
24-Hour Quiet Hours
- All halls observe 24-hour quiet hours during Finals Week. This is in effect from Sunday, December 12 through closing.
- During the 24-hour quiet hours period, please use 4 pm - 7 pm as hours to do things quietly (cleaning, vacuuming, stress relief activities, etc.) but be mindful of others studying.
- 24-hour quiet hours are for the residence halls and all surrounding outside locations within the housing complex (including the pool, basketball court, tennis court, quads, etc.).
Spring 2023 Closing
Move-out is May 19, 2023 at 3 pm. More information coming soon.
Summer 2023 Move-Out
This information will be updated soon.
Damage and Cleaning Charges
Rooms/suites are checked by housing staff in the following order:
- An RA will complete the initial room The RA does not apply charges, nor do they make any decisions about charges. The RA only notes the condition of your room/suite.
- An RHC/ARHC will complete the second room assessment. Residence Hall Coordinators (RHCs) and Housing Facilities will assess and document final damage and cleanliness charges based upon their examination of condition of the room/suite at the time of the final inspection.
Note: Damage and cleaning charges may be assessed to your student account for problems with the condition of the room/suite determined by the RHC during their inspection of the room. For AMC residents, all suitemates will share the responsibility for any concerns with the condition of the suite common areas and those damages will be assessed equally amongst all suitemates, unless someone states in writing by the appeal deadline that they are solely responsible. We encourage all students to take photos and video of the space prior to departure for your own records.
Questions Regarding Damage Charges
All damage and cleaning charges will be posted to your University account by December 22, 2022, and must be paid promptly. Please remember that any past due charges will result in a University hold on your records. This hold will affect the release of your grades and future registration appointments.
- If necessary, you may email the University Housing Services beginning December 22, 2022 to request additional information regarding cleaning and damage charges
- Questions or appeals regarding room charges must be made via email only to email@example.com.
- Deadline: Appeals for charges must be emailed by 8 am on Thursday, January 5, 2023.