Support Page Content
Reading & Writing Center
The Reading and Writing Center is where students can receive assistance in writing and editing their own work.
While our tutors can't guarantee a good grade on a paper, tell you what to write or solve all your problems in one session, tutors can help you learn to be a better reader, writer, editor, and to brainstorm ideas for your paper.
- Support for reading and writing assignments
- One-unit credit course, ENGL121, for attending regular weekly tutoring
- 20-minute classroom workshops or 5-minute introduction for their class
- Preparation assistance for the Writing Placement for Juniors (WPJ)
- Early semester field trips to the Center
Become a Tutor
Students who complete ENGL195A/410A, the Writing Center internship course, are eligible to work as paid tutors the following semester.
The prerequisite for ENGL195A/410A is a grade of "B" or better in either ENGL20 or ENGL120 or a Writing Intensive course.
Contact The Writing Center
- Location: Calaveras Hall 128
- Spring 2020:
Closed to walk in appointments
- Please email
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 278-6356