About Academic Continuity During Campus Disruption
Academic Continuity During Campus Disruption
Many things can happen that may require teaching and learning to move to an alternative format. Within the last few years, we have experienced building floods, smoke closures, and a COVID pandemic. It is critical as you plan your courses that you prepare for “what if” scenarios that might prevent your classes from meeting as usual for days, weeks, or even months.
Navigating Adverse Conditions
- Mission - Even if an unplanned situation disrupts teaching and learning, our mission remains unchanged: "As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement."
- Integrity - The integrity of our academic programs must remain paramount even if our operational modality changes due to unplanned circumstances.
- Fairness - Conditions can change unexpectedly but our commitment to fairness cannot. As we respond to the conditions, we must ensure that those responses are equitable.
- Empathy - Unexpected changes rarely come without some impact on the lives of individuals. Each person in our campus community is unique, and we must recognize this as we adjust our operations with compassion.
- Timeliness - Frequent and clear communication is essential to managing a crisis situation. We must strive to share information promptly using multiple methods and strategies.
|Center for Teaching and Learning||Faculty professional development|
|Academic Technology Center||Academic software support|
|Student Affairs||Admissions, registration, housing, clubs, and student affinity organizations|
|Information Resources and Technology (IRT)||Technology division: hardware and software support|
|University Communications||Keep abreast of the latest news and information|
|Office of Faculty Advancement||Employment services and labor relations for academic personnel|
|Human Resources||Payroll, benefits, staff hiring, class and comp, staff labor relations|
|Risk Management||Resources on how to manage situations safely, manages business continuity program|