Support Page Content
Pricing for all 2021-2022 school year shows
- General Admission: $5
- Kids 12 and under: FREE (but must claim ticket)
- Sac State Students: FREE (but must claim ticket - YOUR STUDENT ID NUMBER IS THE PASSCODE)
For hundreds of years human beings have used telescopes to gaze at the night sky, and for thousands of years before that we used just our eyes. But it is only within the last one hundred years that we have begun to explore the universe by observing forms of light beyond that which our own eyes can see. And our universe contains much more that we can't see than what we can see! Come join us as we explore our universe using radio waves, X-rays, neutrinos, and even ripples in the fabric of space itself! Come join us as we explore the "Unseen Universe!"
Friday, July 8: 6pm with Laura Lege
Saturday, July 9: 1pm with Laura Lege
Sunday, July 10: 1pm and 2:30 pm with Chris Taylor
Friday, July 15: 6pm and 7:30pm with Rodolfo Barniol
Wednesday, July 20: 1:30pm with Kyle Watters
Saturday, July 23: 4pm and 5:30pm with Laura Lege
TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY, JULY 1 AT 10am
- There are absolutely no food or drinks allowed in the Planetarium.
- Zooming through the universe on a 360º screen may cause motion sickness, please be advised.
- Field Trips are not handled by Hornet Tickets; please visit the booking site.
- Parking is not free for field trips. Please visit the UTAPS site for more parking information
- For VOUCHER REDEMPTION, vouchers must be presented in person at the Hornet Ticket Office.
- There is a 12 ticket limit per transaction.
- Will Call is available at the door or can be picked up in advance at the Hornet Ticket Office.
- Doors open about 15 minutes prior to show time. There is no late seating.
- Shows are about an hour long, including a presentation, often a short film, and Q&A time.
The Sacramento State Planetarium is located in the Ernest E. Tschannen Science Complex (Science II)
The closest parking to the Planetarium is Parking Structure 2.
- Paid ticketed events include free parking on the TOP FLOOR of Parking Structure 2 ONLY, starting 1 hour prior to event start time. There is no free parking for Field Trips.
- Daily/hourly parking permits (valid in student parking spaces) are required otherwise. To purchase a $7 daily (or $4 two-hour) parking permit:
- Sign up for a PayByPhone account and download the app. When you arrive on campus, enter location number "5115" into the app to pay your parking fee.
- When you arrive on campus, pay with cash or credit at any permit machine located in all student parking lots/structures; view the campus map for locations.
Please view our campus map for parking lot locations.
Dropping off guests? There is a small parking lot of temporary parking spaces between the Bookstore and the Planetarium entrance that will get a vehicle the closest possible.
Campus Covid Protocols
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place regardless of precautions that may be taken.
Ticket Holder (Attendee), and/or on behalf of any accompanying party, agrees to (1) assume all risks associated with potential exposure to COVID-19; and (2) comply with current health and safety policies of the California State University, Sacramento.
Masks are not required, but they are encouraged.
- The most SUCCESSFUL way to purchase tickets to the overwhelmingly popular Sacramento State Planetarium is online.
- Customers who have created an account with axs.com (our ticketing company) and are successfully logged in at the exact time tickets are released have had the best luck in procuring these hot tickets!
- Please know that while we do our best to accomodate those who call in, we cannot be as fast as the internet and are unable to select tickets once they are in the virtual shopping carts of online customers.
- Create your account in advance (click "Sign In" > then "Create AXS Account") and have your login information available to have the best chance at purchasing!
Find out about upcoming show dates by following the Planetarium's social media accounts or joining the mailing list.