Support Page Content
FAQ: The Universe
Over the course of the roughly two years that the Sac State Planetarium has been open, Dr. Kyle Watters has hosted several hundred shows under the dome. Every one of those shows ends with a Question and Answer session, and only the cream of the crop from those questions have made the cut to appear in this hilarious, educational, and unexpected collection. Some of you may have attended Dr. Watters' lecture this summer with this same title, and now that material has been built into a planetarium show featuring gorgeous images and animations to help accentuate the answers. Come join us for an evening to remember, and perhaps you may even recognize one of your own questions among those featured!
- Friday, September 22nd, 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM with Kyle Watters
- Friday, September 29th, 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM with Kyle Watters
- General Admission: $7 ($5 ticket + $2 per ticket charge)
- Kids 12 and under: FREE (but must claim ticket)
- Sac State Students: FREE (but must claim ticket)
ALL SHOWS ARE SOLD OUT.
- There are absolutely no food or drinks allowed in the Planetarium.
- Zooming through the universe on a 360º screen may cause motion sickness, please be advised.
- Field Trips are not handled by Hornet Tickets; please visit the booking site.
- Parking is not free for field trips. Please visit the UTAPS site for more parking information
- For VOUCHER REDEMPTION, vouchers must be presented in person at the Hornet Ticket Office.
- There is a 12 ticket limit per transaction.
- Will Call is available at the door or can be picked up in advance at the Hornet Ticket Office.
- Doors open about 15 minutes prior to show time. There is no late seating.
- Shows are about an hour long, including a presentation, often a short film, and Q&A time.
The Sacramento State Planetarium is located in the Ernest E. Tschannen Science Complex (Science II)
The closest parking to the Planetarium is Parking Structure 2.
- Paid ticketed events include free parking on the TOP FLOOR of Parking Structure 2 ONLY, starting 1 hour prior to event start time. There is no free parking for Field Trips.
- Daily/hourly parking permits (valid in student parking spaces) are required otherwise. To purchase an $8 daily (or $4 two-hour) parking permit:
- Sign up for a PayByPhone account and download the app. When you arrive on campus, enter location number "5115" into the app to pay your parking fee.
- When you arrive on campus, pay with cash or credit at any permit machine located in all student parking lots/structures; view the campus map for locations.
Please view our campus map for parking lot locations.
Dropping off guests? There is a small parking lot of temporary parking spaces between the Bookstore and the Planetarium entrance that will get a vehicle the closest possible.
- The most SUCCESSFUL way to purchase tickets to the overwhelmingly popular Sacramento State Planetarium is online.
- Customers who have created an account with paciolan (our NEW ticketing company) and are successfully logged in at the exact time tickets are released have had the best luck in procuring these hot tickets!
- Create your account in advance and have your login information available to have the best chance at purchasing!
- Please know that while we do our best to accommodate those who call in, we cannot be as fast as the internet and are unable to select tickets once they are in the virtual shopping carts of online customers.
Find out about upcoming show dates by following the Planetarium's social media accounts (found on their website) and/or joining their mailing list!