Support Page Content
Impacted Major Information
The Chancellor's Office of the California State University has granted the College of Business Administration impaction status for its undergraduate business major.
Students applying to the business major are required to submit a supplemental business application.
Overall, students must have 45 units completed with a qualifying overall grade point average (minimum 2.4 GPA); and be in good standing at last college or university attended.
Please note: merely have a 2.4 GPA does not guarantee admission to upper division business program. Students will be rank-ordered by overall GPA. The GPA cutoff for the past few admission cycles has been in the 2.90/2.95 range.
Lower Division Course Requirements
Students must have completed the following courses with minimum C- grades with the exception of MATH 24 which must be completed with minimum C grade prior to applying:
- ACCY 1: Fundamentals of Accounting
- ACCY 2: Managerial Accounting
- ECON 1A: Macroeconomics
- ECON 1B: Microeconomics
- MATH 24: Modern Business Math
- Calculus courses ok in lieu of MATH 24.
- Pre-calculus and Finite Math do not meet the MATH 24 requirement.
- MGMT 10: Introduction to Business Law
- STAT 1: Introduction to Statistics
- MIS 10: Business Applications (Spreadsheets)
Applying to an Impacted Program
New applicants, including transfer students, must have been admitted to the university prior to applying to the upper division major.
The Supplemental Business Application can be found on the online Student Center on My Sac State. When you first log into your Student Center you will want to click on "Switch to Full Site" and once at the Full Site you will go to the bottom right corner under "Forms" and click on Supplemental Application. (see below)
Unofficial transcripts of all course work outside of Sacramento State must be submitted to the Undergraduate Business Advising Center in the Office of Student Engagement.
|Fall 2023||February 1 - March 15, 2023|
|Spring 2024||September 1 - October 16, 2023|
Local Admissions Priority Policy
- A supplemental application must still be submitted in order to be considered for the major.
- Local area applicants are not guaranteed admission to the major.
- Students identified as a local area applicant by the university will be awarded a 0.1 GPA boost to their cumulative GPA.
- The GPA boost will be in addition to and/or separate from the GPA boost that students completing an ADT will receive.
Associate's Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Business Administration
New Transfers Only
- ADT benefits only available for student's applying to Sacramento State in first semester.
- Students earning the ADT must still submit a supplemental application to the major.
- Students who are earning an ADT in Business Administration may apply to the upper division business major with work in progress.
- Students earning the ADT will earn a 0.1 GPA boost for admission purposes.
- The ADT curriculum is used in lieu of the Business major specific courses for admission purposes. Missing courses must still be completed for graduation purposes.
- The ADT in Business Administration does not guarantee admission to the major.
- If you are pursuing a ADT in Business Administration, a verification from your community college that the ADT is in progress must be received by the Sacramento State admissions office by their posted deadline.