About Internship & Career Services
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) Internship & Career Services Office offers the following services to ECS students:
- Career Fair: The next ECS Virtual Career Fair will be on Friday, October 22, 2021. You must register through Handshake and then sign-up for company meetings in advance in order to meet the reps.
- Info Sessions: ECS students should check their SacLink email address for upcoming employer information sessions to learn more about companies and their employment opportunities. RSVP on Handshake to register for the sessions.
- Co-Op Information: Please visit the ECS Career Co-op Information page. Contact email@example.com for more info.
- Academic Internships: For academic credit, a site agreement must be in place with the employer prior to 195 course registration. Click on the Community Engagement Center website for the current list of Community Partners or check with your major department.
- Help: Resume and interviewing help is available from the University Career Center
- Post resume/review employment opportunities: Handshake allows ECS students to post resumes, apply for jobs, and automatically receive information about new job postings, networking events, and upcoming career fairs. Use your MySacState credentials to log in and set up your profile. For help getting started, visit the Handshake Support Page or contact the University Career Center.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) offers the following services to employers.
- Online Job Listings: Our partnership with Handshake allows companies to post technical jobs for students and experienced alumni.
- Annual Career Fairs: The College of ECS hosts career fairs every spring and fall. Typically 100+ companies participate, providing candidates with internship, career, and corporate information.
- Info Sessions: Employers can host info sessions, workshops, seminars, and interviews. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Co-op Services: Employers can inquire about hiring upper division and graduate students for 6-month cooperative education learning experiences (these are generally full-time paid positions).
- Site Agreements: Companies must have a site agreement with the university for students to receive optional academic credit. These site agreements must be renewed every five years. Contact email@example.com for more information.