Support Page Content
ECS Career Co-op Information
Traditionally, cooperative education is the practice of alternating a student’s studies with paid professional work related to their major.
Co-op Registration Process For Engineering and Computer Science Students
How do I Qualify to do a Co‐op?
Co‐op is open to juniors, seniors and graduate students who meet the minimum GPA requirement as set by their major department. Co‐op is an internship with duties that directly relate to the student’s major. In addition, the company or agency offering the co-op must be willing to enter into a site agreement with the University.
If you work full-time you can earn up to (12) undergraduate units and (9) graduate units. International students must sign up for (12) units if undergraduate and (9) units if graduate.
The Director of ECS Internship and Career Services will work with your academic department to enroll students in the proper course, section, and units.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following required information and attachments:
- A copy of your offer letter. This letter is written by the employer and must include the company name and address, your position title, salary, co-op 195A start and completion date, number of hours you will be working per week, a short position description, the address where you will be working, and the employer’s signature.
- Your most recent transcript (official or unofficial accepted)
- Your resume
- A copy of your signed Declaration of Policies for Off-Campus Learning Experiences.
- A copy of your signed Statement of Understanding.
- In your email please make sure to note your class registration date (date and time), the number of course units you wish to obtain and the number of units you are currently enrolled in at the present time (not including expected co-op units).
Upon completion of your co-op experience, submit the evaluation to obtain your 195A grade.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering/ Computer Engineering Students
Please follow the instructions on the EEE/CPE Co-op 195A Evaluation Form.
Computer Science Students
Please follow the instructions given by your 195A instructor.
Co-op information for Employers
Please contact email@example.com for instructions and information regarding hiring students for co-op education positions.