Support Page Content
ECS Tutoring Services
NOTE: ECS Virtual Tutoring Services ends on Friday May 6th.
All ECS tutors have earned upper division status in ECS with demonstrated academic achievement. Tutors are prepared to assist you in the coursework for all ECS majors, and they are anxious to help you reach your academic goals.
*Tutoring times are subject to change with short notice*
ECS Tutors & Schedule
|Tutor Name||Major||Specialty||Availability||Zoom Link|
|Daniel Smagly||CSC||CSC 10A, 15, 20, 28, 60, 130 & 131||Tues & Thurs: 2pm-3:30pm; Fri 2-4pm||https://csus.zoom.us/my/danielsmagly|
|Justin Moua||CSC||MATH29; CSC 10A, 15, 20, 28, 35, 60, 130, 131, 133, 139||Mon: 4pm-5pm; Tues & Thurs: 10am-11am||https://csus.zoom.us/my/justinmoua|
|Khang Huynh||CE||MATH 30, 31, 45; PHYS 11A; ENGR 30, 45, 110, 112, 115; CE 9, 101||Tues & Thurs: 4-5pm; Fri: 3pm-5pm||https://csus.zoom.us/j/89154218297|
|Mickey Huang||CSC||CSC 10A, 15, 20, 130, 131, 133||Mon & Wed: 12pm-2pm; Fri: 10am-11am||https://csus.zoom.us/my/mickeyhuang|
|Mukunda Puvvada||ME||MATH 30, MATH 31;PHYS 11A; CHEM 1E; ENGR 6, 17, 30; ME 37, 76||Tues: 10:00am - 12:00pm; Fri: 11am - 2pm||https://csus.zoom.us/j/4782735238|
|Pratham Saldhi||CPE||CPE 64; CSC 15, 20, 28, 35; ENGR 17; MATH 30, 31||Mon: 10am-1pm; Fri: 10am-12pm||https://csus.zoom.us/my/pratham.saldhi|
|Rayman Thandi||CSC||CSC 10A, 15, 20, 35, 60, 131||Tues & Thurs: 10am-12pm
|Zoie You||EEE||MATH 45; ENGR 17, 50, 140; EEE 64, 108, 117, 130, 141, 180, 184||Tues & Thurs: 10am-12pm; Fri 10am-11am||https://csus.zoom.us/my/zoieyou|
How To Join Online Tutoring With Zoom
A new user-friendly, Zoom based, tutoring system will be available from February 7th - May 6th by ECS Tutoring Services. For free tutoring, follow the following steps:
- Follow the provided meeting link in the table above for an available tutor
- Accept or allow any requests to open zoom.us that may appear
- If prompted to enter your name, do so and click "Join"
- If prompted, select "Join With Computer Audio", or an appropriate option for your system
- Post your question to enter a queue (first come first serve basis)
Other Tutoring Services
PARC (Peer Academic Resource Center)
How To Join ECS Tutoring With Discord
As an option, you can also access ECS tutors through discord during their scheduled times. Discord offers additional capabilities, particularly for computer science majors. To create a discord account, begin with step 1 below. If you already have a discord account, log in at https://discordapp.com/login and skip to step 4.
Steps for creating a Discord account
- Navigate to https://discordapp.com/register
- Enter your email, desired username and password
- You will be prompted to create a server. Click "Skip".
Steps for joining the ECS Tutor Center server
- Click the large green "+" icon on the left hand side of the screen
- Select "Join a Server"
- Paste in the following link: https://discord.gg/tK8qMNa and click Join
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get help
Tutor not available during scheduled time or for general tutoring questions/feedback? Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.