Support Page Content
Guidelines for PSYC 102 Projects & Student Research
Students in the Sacramento State Psychology Department who conduct class projects for PSYC 102 or human subjects research must have their proposed methods reviewed and approved by Psychology Department Research Review Committee before recruiting participants and beginning their projects. Follow the instructions for PSYC 102 class projects and student research.
Class Projects for PSYC 102
- Have your instructor review and approve your project.
- Assemble all your research materials.
- Including all tests, surveys, vignettes, images, etc. that will be used in your study
- For photos provide the source of the photo if in the public domain; if not in the public domain have individuals in the photos sign a waiver to have their images used for your research.
- For videos, provide a URL where we can view them; if this is not possible then arrange to have a CD or DVD delivered to the Research Review Chair.
- Download and complete an Application for PSYC 102 Class Projects
- Complete an Online Form for PSY 102 Class Projects.
- Wait for approval, which generally takes one week after the Research Review Committee receives approval notice from your instructor.
- Register your class project in the SONA Research Participant website if you are using the subject pool. Use the title, description, and other project information EXACTLY as shown in your approved application. Any changes will need to be approved first! Schedule and run sessions. Contact the SONA website administrator at email@example.com if you have any problems registering to the site.
- Assign credits to participants promptly after each session.
- Deactivate the project in the Research Website when no more sessions will be run.
- If you are not using the subject pool, you are ready to begin recruiting participants, again using EXACTLY the procedures approved in your application.
Students in the Sacramento State Psychology Department who conduct research projects that require the collection of human subject data must have their proposed methods reviewed and approved by Psychology Department Research Review Committee before recruiting participants and beginning their projects.
- Consent form template for Exempt research
- Debriefing template
- Applicant for student research projects (not for 102 class projects)
- Researcher Conduct Guidelines
- Continuing research or class projects approved in previous semesters
- Instructions for using SONA Research website
- Research Review Committee Chair: Dr. Lisa Harrison
- Contact the SONA website administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems registering to the site.