About Social Science
The Social Science Program is directed towards the single subject Social Science teacher credential. However, the program also provides an opportunity for students to build on the foundation of their general education and become familiar with several areas in the Social Sciences.
Career Paths & Advising
Alumni have entered State service, law enforcement, school administrator, management, counseling & personnel recruiter roles
Prospective students: Email unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities to Dr. Kristin Van Gaasbeck
Current students: Required to have advising EVERY semester until they graduate. Schedule an advising appointment. See directions below
1. Login: csus.campus.eab.com using Chrome/Firefox as your web browser, enter SacState credentials
2. Click: blue Get Assistance button at the top right side
3. Choose: Advising, Social Science, pick a date
4. If selected date is unavailable, a calendar will show openings
5. After date/time is chosen. Leave comments in the “Would you like to share anything else?” box so the advisor better prepares for the meeting
6. Leave your phone number for text alerts. Click Schedule
That was easy!
Annual Assessment & Roadmaps
The Social Science Learning Objectives help students know what is expected from their coursework.
AAC&U's Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP) VALUE rubrics:
The rubrics articulate fundamental criteria for each learning outcome, with performance descriptors demonstrating progressively more sophisticated levels of attainment. The rubrics are intended for institutional-level use in evaluating and discussing student learning, not for grading. The core expectations articulated in all 16 of the VALUE rubrics can and should be translated into the language of individual campuses, disciplines, and even courses. The utility of the VALUE rubrics is to position learning at all undergraduate levels within a basic framework of expectations such that evidence of learning can by shared nationally through a common dialog and understanding of student success. Click here for the rubrics.
The Social Science Roadmaps provides a pathway to help students complete the degree quickly and efficiently.