Support Page Content
Rankings and Distinctions
Excellence Every Day
Excellence is taking place around campus every single day in big ways and small, including these awards and achievements earned by the University and its students.
- Sac State ranks 20TH “BEST OVERALL” for public universities in the Western United States. (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- The University is home to the first and MOST COMPREHENSIVE PARAMEDIC PROGRAM in the CSU system.
- SCHOOL OF MUSIC received undergraduate college awards for Outstanding Performance Jazz Soloist; Outstanding Performance, Vocal Jazz Soloist; Winner, Blues/Pop/Rock Soloist at the 42nd annual DOWNBEAT MAGAZINE STUDENT MUSIC AWARDS.
- DOCTORATE IN EDUCATION IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM earned full membership from the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA), just the second CSU campus and fourth California university to earn the distinction.
- School of Nursing averages the CSU’s HIGHEST FIRST-ATTEMPT PASS RATE with scores higher than UC Irvine and UCLA.
- The bachelor's degree in GERONTOLOGY IS RANKED 5TH BEST in the nation. (College Choice)
- College of Business Administration has been AACSB-ACCREDITED SINCE 1963, one of just 5% of the world’s 16,000 higher education institutions to have earned this designation. (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- Sacramento State’s Center for Information Assurance and Security (CIAS) is a designated NATIONAL CENTER OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN CYBER DEFENSE (CAE-CD) EDUCATION. This designation is jointly sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- The Master of Science in Accountancy program ranked 3rd nationally for BEST ONLINE PROGRAM and 6th most affordable. (SR Education Group)
- The ATLAS Summer Research Experience sends Sac State students to the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator, the LARGE HADRON COLLIDER AT CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. There, they study proton-proton collisions alongside experts in high-energy particle physics. Sacramento State is one of only two undergraduate institutions in this program.
Reaching Star Status
The Planetarium features a 2,500 SQUARE-FOOT DOME and has more than 80 SEATS for visitors to watch the stars.
The ultra-modern Ernest E. Tschannen Science Complex opened in the fall of 2019. Thanks to 20 state-of-the art chemistry and biology labs, a Planetarium, an observatory with a retractable roof, and a living green terrace, more students than ever have an opportunity for cutting-edge science education at Sac State. The complex was funded in part by a $9 million gift from Ernest E. Tschannen. In addition to being the coolest lecture hall on campus, the Planetarium also presents shows to local school kids and the general public.
Sac State Degrees and Certificates
- 64 bachelor’s degree programs with 70 concentrations
- 51 master’s degree programs with 26 concentrations
- 5 doctoral degrees in Audiology, Physical Therapy, School Psychology, Public History, and Educational Leadership, with 2 concentrations in Ed.D.
- 28 post-baccalaureate certificates and10 credential programs