Support Page Content
Rankings and Distinctions
Excellence Every Day
The rankings and achievements earned by the University and its students demonstrate the excellence that takes place throughout campus every day in big and small ways.
- No. 4 Most Diverse Campus in the Western U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- No. 5 Best in Undergraduate Teaching in the Western U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- No. 8 Lowest Student Loan Debt in the West (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- No. 9 Most Transformative College (Money.com, 2020)
- No. 10 Best Bang for the Buck for Western Colleges (Washington Monthly, 2022)
- No. 14 Top Performers on Social Mobility in the West (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- No. 16 Top Public Schools in the West (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- The Anchor University Grants Program allocated $103,877 to support 16 staff, faculty, and student community partnership projects.
- Sac State met and exceeded state requirements to address period poverty, installing 145 free menstrual product dispensers in 33 buildings.
- Sac State’s Out of the Darkness campus walk was recognized as one of the Top 10 Fundraising Walks by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- The Wellness, Education, Leisure, and Lifestyle (WELL) expansion project received an Outstanding Facility Award from the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA).
- In just 36 hours on Give Sac State Day, 1,181 people donated nearly $319,000 to student-centered programs.
- The Associated Students Food Pantry’s 30 volunteers provided food and basic necessities to 8,700 students.
- Bioretention planters, porous pavement, and bioswales filter 2.9 million gallons of stormwater annually, keeping pollutants from flowing into the American River.
- Sacramento State is ranked No. 5 Best Nursing School in California by RN Careers, with a 97.75% National Council Licensure Examination passing rate.
- The College of Business has been AACSB-accredited since 1963, one of just 5% of the world’s 16,000 higher education institutions to have earned this designation (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
- The Construction Management program has seen a 100% employment rate for its graduates 12 years running.
- Sac State is the first and only California State University campus to offer a paramedic program. Students consistently rank higher than national averages when taking the National Registry Exam.
- The College of Health and Human Services works with 1,100-plus community partners, offers 8 community clinics, and places 2,000-plus interns in clinical and field positions each year.
- The Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Educational Leadership is ranked No. 10 in the nation (Best Accredited Colleges).
- Sacramento State’s student-run history journal “Clio,” was awarded first place in the 2022 Nash History Journal Prize national competition.
- More than 1,000 visitors viewed the first deep space images from NASA’s James Webb Telescope at the Sac State Planetarium.
- The Center for Counseling and Diagnostic Services (CCDS) Counselors-in-Training master’s students provided services to approximately 600 people through its Practicum and Internship program.
- The College of Arts and Letters’ signature events, U-CREATE at the VERGE Cultural Center, U-Nite! at the Crocker Art Museum, and Sunday Funday during Festival of the Arts, connected Sac State with more than 1,500 members of the community in 2022.
- The Full Circle Project celebrated 10 years of helping first-year Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) students navigate college, increasing their four-year graduation rate from 5% in 2012 to 24% in 2022.
Sacramento State at a Glance
Sac State’s Academic Offerings
72 bachelor’s degree programs with 78 concentrations
59 master’s degree programs with 30 concentrations
5 doctoral degrees
19 post-baccalaureate certificates
20 credential programs