Support Page Content
ASE Hiring Information for Faculty & Staff
TIP: Download the open fillable form onto your computer. Make sure to save the form BEFORE filling it out. Save the completed forms as an individual document for each student, which can be reused in the future.
Effective June 15, 2021
The ASE-PTF (Academic Student Employee - Personnel Transaction Form) will now be submitted through OnBase for the hiring of Unit 11/Academic Student Employees:
- ISA - Instructional Student Assistants
- GA - Graduate Assistants
- TA - Teaching Assistants
Additional Two (2) Hiring Forms
Hiring departments / programs / colleges will still need to continue submitting the following completed and signed hiring forms by attaching them to the OnBase ASE-PTF:
- ASE/Unit 11 Application (student completes & submits to hiring department/program)
- ISA Application
- GA / TA Application
- ASE Position Description Breakdown Form (percentages) - NOTE: Please do not substitute this form with a job posting form.
Select a form by position:
- Teaching Associate (TA) Position
- Graduate Assistant (GA) Position
- COVID - Graduate Assistant (GA) Position
- Instructional Student Assistant (ISA) Position
- COVID - Instructional Student Assistant (ISA) Position
The Office of Graduate Studies will no longer accept paper ASE-PTFs after June 15, 2021.
ASE-PTF OnBase User Guide – The user guide is a great resource that will walk you through each step of submitting the ASE-PTF and other forms through OnBase.
If you have any questions, please submit them to email@example.com
General Hiring Information
- ASE Hiring Process Info Sheet
- Covid - ASE/Unit 11 Hiring Information - UPDATED
- Substitute Teaching Associate (TA) Pool
- FAQs - New UAW Agreement
Posting ASE/Unit 11 Positions & Forms
COVID - Academic Student Employees / Unit 11 - Email the Office of Graduate Studies firstname.lastname@example.org to have a Covid-ISA or Covid-GA position posted for your department or college.
- Select one of the ASE position forms below.
- Download & save the fillable PDF form.
- Fill out ALL of the requested information on the form and save.
- Email the completed PDF to email@example.com.
- The information will be reviewed and the position will be posted within 2-3 working days. If there are any questions Graduate Studies will contact the department or program directly
- On Going Hiring/Pool Applicants – Departments or program may keep a position posted indefinitely for continuous hiring providing the hours, pay, or any other pertinent information does not change. Check the "Continuously Hiring" box
Posting Open Position Forms (updated May 2020):
If you have any questions, please call or email Diana Duran at x8-2738 /firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Admission Commitment / Unit 11 Positions (Non-Posting):
Time Range/Time Base/Salary Information
CSU Human Resources Information
Relevant CSU Human Resources Technical Letters Concerning Unit 11
- Graduate Assistant Employment Policy and Classification Standard - HR 2005-29
- Pay Letter 2005-03 & GA Timebase/Salary Change Information
- Graduate Assistant Timebase Change - HR/Salary 2005-10
- Employment History Database PIMS Item 405 Change Affecting GA Classifications - HR/EHDB 2005-02
All Unit 11 Employees
- Implementation of Unit 11 - Academic Student Employees - HR 2004-17
- 2005/06 Salary Program - Academic Student Employees (Unit 11) - HR/Salary 2005-13
- 2005/06 Salary Program - Academic Student Employees (Unit 11) - HR/Salary 2005-13 - Supplement #1
- Appointment of Academic Student Employees (Unit 11) - HR/Appointment 2005-01
- Academic Student Employee (Unit 11) Benefits Implementation - HR/Benefits 2005-12
- Student Employment and the Student FICA Exemption - HR 2005-28
- Equal Opportunities/Affirmative Action Americans with Disabilities Act
- Collective Bargaining Agreement - Unit 11