Support Page Content
ASE Hiring Information for Faculty & Staff
TIP: Download the open fillable form onto your computer. Make sure to save the form BEFORE filling it out. Save the completed forms as an individual document for each student, which can be reused in the future.
Submit the following four (4) forms for each Academic Student Employee (ASE) a department/program hires.
- ASE/Unit 11 Application (submitted by student to department/program)
- Academic Student Employee (ASE) - Personnel Transaction Form
- Background Check Worksheet
- ASE Position Description / Duties / Responsibilities Sheet (Form - 4)
- *Optional - Work Status Verification Form (International Students)
International students must hold either an F1 or J1 visa. Hiring departments / programs will be verifying eligibility with the International Programs & Global Engagement (IPGE) office by submitting a Work Status Verification form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The completed form should accompany the completed hiring package.
General Hiring Information
- ASE Hiring Process Info Sheet
- Work Status Verification for International Students
- Substitute Teaching Associate (TA) Pool
- FAQs - New UAW Agreement
Posting ASE/Unit 11 Positions & Forms
- Select one of the ASE position forms below.
- Download & save the fillable PDF form.
- Fill out ALL of the requested information on the form and save.
- Email the completed PDF to email@example.com.
- The information will be reviewed and the position will be posted within 2-3 working days. If there are any questions Graduate Studies will contact the department or program directly
- On Going Hiring/Pool Applicants – Departments or program may keep a position posted indefinitely for continuous hiring providing the hours, pay, or any other pertinent information does not change. Check the "Continuously Hiring" box
If you have any questions, please call or email Diana Duran at x8-2738 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Open Position Forms (updated May 2020):
Notification of Admission Commitment / Unit 11 Positions (Non-Posting):
Time Range/Time Base/Salary Information
CSU Human Resources Information
Relevant CSU Human Resources Technical Letters Concerning Unit 11
- Graduate Assistant Employment Policy and Classification Standard - HR 2005-29
- Pay Letter 2005-03 & GA Timebase/Salary Change Information
- Graduate Assistant Timebase Change - HR/Salary 2005-10
- Employment History Database PIMS Item 405 Change Affecting GA Classifications - HR/EHDB 2005-02
All Unit 11 Employees
- Implementation of Unit 11 - Academic Student Employees - HR 2004-17
- 2005/06 Salary Program - Academic Student Employees (Unit 11) - HR/Salary 2005-13
- 2005/06 Salary Program - Academic Student Employees (Unit 11) - HR/Salary 2005-13 - Supplement #1
- Appointment of Academic Student Employees (Unit 11) - HR/Appointment 2005-01
- Academic Student Employee (Unit 11) Benefits Implementation - HR/Benefits 2005-12
- Student Employment and the Student FICA Exemption - HR 2005-28
- Equal Opportunities/Affirmative Action Americans with Disabilities Act
- Collective Bargaining Agreement - Unit 11