Support Page Content
More connections, better streaming, no buffering — that’s the Wi-Fi 6 experience.
- 4x the network capacity and wider range
- 8k streaming ability
- 40% increase in data throughput = faster downloads
- Better performance in multi-device environments such as classrooms and labs
- Longer battery life for your devices.
Campus Wi-Fi 6 Locations
Wi-Fi 6 is available across campus and in the majority of campus buildings/structures. Find your next study spot!Campus Outdoor Wi-Fi Map
Connecting + Driver Support
All University-managed devices are Wi-Fi 6 ready, and any personal device with wireless cards can connect at any campus Wi-Fi hot spot. But connecting in Wi-Fi 6-enabled locations may require a hardware and/or driver update for your personal device (depending on device age and other factors).
Driver updates come from Apple directly via the built-in OS Software Update.
- We recommend downloading driver updates for your specific device’s wireless card directly from the manufacturer's Support > Downloads/Drivers section.
- Some manufacturers also offer a utility you can install to scan for and download available driver updates - search for "Support Assist" or "System Update" on the manufacturer's website.
Or call 916-278-7337 during open hours.