Sac State’s Student Academic Success Day promotes student achievement
September 22, 2022
Sacramento State on Monday, Sept. 26, will host its annual Student Academic Success Day, a daylong event designed to promote student achievement and close the degree-attainment gap.
The event is the culmination of the University’s first Student Academic Success Week, which began on Monday, Sept. 19, and included several days of virtual workshops to help students navigate their academic majors.
This year, Student Academic Success Day will bring together Sac State students, faculty, staff, and community members for virtual and in-person workshops, resource fairs, and other programing to help ensure students are on track to graduate on time and equipped with tools they can use to succeed after graduation.
This year’s theme is “Passionate, Persistent, and Powerful: Proclaiming Success.” Activities include:
- Workshops about careers in professional sports, investing, personal branding, and entrepreneurship
- A goal-setting session called Achieving Life Success: Finding your Passion
- Events to support and empower women and men of color
- The DEGREES Project Networking Mixer, where participants can receive on-the-spot advising and coaching.
For more information about Student Academic Success Day, visit the event website.
Looking for a Faculty Expert?
Contact PIO Anita Fitzhugh
(916) 278-2806 or (916) 217-8366