About Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Student Center
About The Center
The Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Center is committed to educational equity. The Center promotes and affirms the experiences of students who identify as part of the Asian, Pacific Islander, and Desi diaspora. The Center educates and engages with students to foster holistic, academic, and personal development to raise cultural awareness and advocacy needs. Across Sacramento State and in the community, the Center is committed to holding space to cultivate collaboration to address the unique and diverse needs of APIDA students and issues impacting these communities.
Mission: To foster, retain, and empower the academic and personal development of APIDA students.
Vision: Serve as a resource hub and to advocate for the needs of APIDA students.
A message to the APIDA community:
We stand with our Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Hornet Family. We want you to know we see you. We are here for you. You matter. You are visible. You are loved. Stingers Up! See the visual message.
Support Services for Students
We are here for you, come see us.
- Transition from high school/community college
- Individual assistance and referrals to on and off-campus resources
- A safe space to reflect on both your individual, your family, and your community experiences
- College skills coaching: time management, organization, study, and goal setting
- Referral to graduate school and research opportunities
- Internships/employment information and referrals
- Information and workshops about financial aid and student accounts policies and processes
- Scholarship search/application support including proofreading essays/resumes and providing recommendation letters
- And many more…
APIDA Student Leadership Network
“Linking & Strengthening Our Students & Our Success”
The Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Student Leadership Network (APIDA-SLN) encourages student leadership, professional development, and community engagement. The goal is to develop and inspire the next cadre of emerging diverse student leaders to be active participants and inspiration on campus and for their communities.
The 2022 APIDA-SLN Leadership Training Institute Registration is now available. For additional information or questions, please email email@example.com