About Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Student Center
About The Center
Building on the rich traditions created by Sacramento State’s Full Circle Project, the Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Center will strive to expand support for our APIDA students. Along with the Full Circle Project, Project Hmong, Ethnic Studies Department, Asian American Studies Program and many other campus programs and departments, the APIDA Center will offer social, cultural, educational and advocacy programming.
Support Services for Students
We are here for you, come see us.
- Transition from high school/community college
- Individual assistance and referrals to on and off-campus resources
- A safe space to reflect on both your individual, your family, and your community experiences
- College skills coaching: time management, organization, study, and goal setting
- Referral to graduate school and research opportunities
- Internships/employment information and referrals
- Information and workshops about financial aid and student accounts policies and processes
- Scholarship search/application support including proofreading essays/resumes and providing recommendation letters
- And many more…
Peer Leaders Program
The Peer Leaders Program encourages student leadership, professional development, and community engagement. This is a great opportunity for students to cultivate their own leadership skills in the context of their culture and college experience while learning about the role of mentorship.
As a Peer Leader, you will join a network conducive for lasting collegial relationships with whom you can explore your identity and how it relates to your personal and professional success. We are looking for students who have a desire for growth with a focus on completion success and community development.
If you have any questions about our programs and services or would like to partner and advance student success, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with [Name]
APIDA Student Center
Phone: (916) 278-5877