About Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Student Center
About The Center
The Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Center builds on the rich tradition by Sacramento State’s Full Circle Project, Project HMONG, and APIDA-identified student clubs/organizations. Along with many other campus programs and community partners, the APIDA Center will strive to expand and scale support for APIDA students by offering social, cultural, educational, and advocacy programming.
Mission: To facilitate APIDA students’ academic and personal success and affirm their diverse experiences through community leadership, student engagement, and mentorship.
Vision: To serve as a resource hub and to advocate for the needs of APIDA students.
A message to the APIDA community:
We stand with our Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Hornet Family. We want you to know we see you. We are here for you. You matter. You are visible. You are loved. Stingers Up! See the visual message.
Support Services for Students
We are here for you, come see us.
- Transition from high school/community college
- Individual assistance and referrals to on and off-campus resources
- A safe space to reflect on both your individual, your family, and your community experiences
- College skills coaching: time management, organization, study, and goal setting
- Referral to graduate school and research opportunities
- Internships/employment information and referrals
- Information and workshops about financial aid and student accounts policies and processes
- Scholarship search/application support including proofreading essays/resumes and providing recommendation letters
- And many more…
APIDA Student Leadership Network
“Linking & Strengthening Our Students & Our Success”
The Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Student Leadership Network (APIDA-SLN) encourages student leadership, professional development, and community engagement. The goal is to develop and inspire the next cadre of emerging diverse student leaders to be active participants and inspiration on campus and for their communities.
The 2022 APIDA-SLN Leadership Training Institute Registration is now available.
For additional information or questions, please email email@example.com
Connect with [Name]
APIDA Student Center
Phone: (916) 278-5877