Support Page Content
Summer Bridge Academy
July 1 to August 6, 2020
The Summer Bridge Academy is a free intensive summer academic program designed to help incoming first-time Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) freshmen make a smooth transition from high school to college.
Benefits of Attendance
- Receive up to 5 college credits – dependent on the number of courses you complete
- Experience college courses
- Be a step ahead of your freshmen class
- Become familiar with the campus, its resources, and services
- Connect with Sacramento State faculty and staff
- Make friends from the rich and diverse Sacramento State student population of 250 to 300
Summer Bridge Academy is a required, free six-week program for admitted EOP, first-time freshmen students, that includes:
- Credit earning courses in English, Math, GE courses (3 units) and Leadership (1 unit).
Students who are eligible for EOP can apply from October 1st to November 30th as part of the online application process.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), as a precaution, we are not offering a commuter program. We want you to stay healthy and safe. We do not know how long this going to last; therefore, we made the decision to change the program format this year to online. You will need access to the internet and a computer to do your assignments, attend classes and workshops which will be offered through CANVAS and Zoom.
Working During the Program
We highly recommend that students do not work during Summer Bridge since students will have an intense, full-time academic workload.