Support Page Content
Summer Bridge Academy
The Summer Bridge Academy is a free intensive summer academic program designed to help incoming first-time Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) freshmen make a smooth transition from high school to college.
Benefits of Attendance
- Receive up to 5 college credits – dependent on number of courses you complete
- Experience college courses
- Be a step ahead of your freshmen class
- Become familiar with the campus, its resources and services
- Participate in on-campus activities and off-campus field trips
- Connect with Sacramento State faculty and staff
- Make friends from the rich and diverse Sacramento State student population of 250 to 300
Summer Bridge Academy is a required, free six-week program for admitted EOP, first-time freshmen students, that includes:
- Credit earning courses in English, Math, GE courses (3 units) and Leadership (1 unit).
Students who are eligible for EOP can apply from October 1st to November 30th as part of the online application process.
The EOP Summer Bridge Academy does NOT provide housing. Students are responsible for locating, securing, inspecting, and paying for their own living accommodations and transportation during the six-week program.
Sacramento State, the EOP Summer Bridge Academy, and the EOP staff assume no responsibility for contracts/leases between individuals, nor are they responsible or liable for the consequences of any off-campus student housing arrangement.
Working During the Program
We highly recommend that students do not work during Summer Bridge since students will have an intense, full-time academic workload.