About Counseling Services
We offer confidential individual and group counseling. If you would like to explore whether counseling is right for you, the first step is to call us during business hours at 916-278-6461.
If you are experiencing an urgent matter, you can drop in during our business hours.
If you are in immediate crisis, please call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 9-8-8.
Peer Counselors (PCs) are part of Student Health & Counseling Services team and serve as an additional resource to promote safety and well-being. PCs are current students who are trained to be supportive, helpful listeners and problem solvers who offer a non-judgment and confidential space to discuss any concerns. Learn more about Peer Counselors
The yearlong Peer Counseling program includes:
- Training in basic counseling skills by licensed professionals.
- Education in a variety of diversity, inclusion, mental health and general wellness topics.
- The opportunity build leadership, interpersonal communication and group facilitation skills.
- A space to practice working with diverse populations in a sensitive and empowering manner.
- Opportunity to learn and grow with a small group of peers.
For more information contact Katelyn Sandoval.
Group Counseling is a confidential service provided to all eligible students. Therapy groups are often limited to a maximum of 12 people.
Once therapy has begun, the group is closed. Closed groups with a small number of participants allow for trust building and group cohesion, thus allowing groups to be therapeutic.
Suicide Prevention Trainings - Coming Soon
Connect with Counseling Services
Student Health & Counseling Services
at The WELL
Phone: (916) 278-6461
Fax: (916) 278-7359