Support Page Content
We are currently working to build a robust schedule of training by the Financial Services Family. Stay Tuned! Announcements on upcoming trainings are forthcoming and will be available through the Financial Services Trumba calendar and the Business Partners Round Table (BPRT).
Quickly navigate to your desired training using the anchors below:
Accounts Payable 101 Training Sessions
Accounts Payable will offer training for faculty and staff on the major functions of Accounts Payable. Support documents include:
Register for AP 101 through Trumba.
|Wednesday, October 26, 2022||10am - 11am||Zoom|
|Wednesday, February 1, 2023||2pm - 3pm||Zoom|
|Wednesday, May 10, 2023||10 am - 11 am||Zoom|
|Wednesday, August 2, 2023||2 pm - 3 pm||Zoom|
Bursar’s 101 Training Info & Sessions
The Bursar’s Office is offering a training session to help our business partners understand and to clarify the services that we offer.
- Who Should Attend & Topics
- Topics will include petty cash, invoicing, refunds, and OneCard services.
Register for Bursar's 101 through Trumba. Bursar's 101 trainings are typically held in October and April.
|Tuesday, April 4, 2023||10:00 am - 11:00 am||Zoom|
Concur Travel Training Sessions
Concur Travel Training consists of two types of training: New User and Administrative Approver & Refresher.
New User Training:
- Training for users new to the Concur Travel System and covers all basic functions from signing in to Concur to submitting a travel claim
Administrative Approver & Refresher is training for
- The seasoned Concur user who need to polish up on their skills, ask questions, and fine-tune skills, and
- Administrative Approvers who wish to learn, or refresh the process of navigating travel and expense approval, as well as what to look out for in travel requests and claims
Register for either Concur taining through Trumba.
|New Users/Refresher||Monday, February 27, 2023||9 am - 11 am||Zoom|
|New Users/Refresher||Wednesday, March 22, 2023||1 pm - 3 pm||Zoom|
|New Users/Refresher||Thursday, April 13, 2023||10 am - Noon||Zoom|
Delegation of Authority and Reports To (DART)
The new DART application resides in CMS SA. The DART application has two inquiry screens for users to:
- Lookup DoA by employee or by department.
- Lookup manager-employee reporting relationships.
Position Reporting Relationships
In CMS HR exists a manager self-service tool for updating an employee's "reports to". This will allow certain personnel to update individual Reports To for their Department/College/Division.
For updating pool positions (student workers and lecturers, for instance) continue to use the BPA form "Reports To" Field Change.
College and Division analysts can process batch updates to their area’s “reports-to” through the CMS HR Manager Self Service portal.
The SACHR025 "Position Management Report" is available to help departments, colleges/program centers, and divisions review details on their active positions, including funding sources.
Expenditure Transfer Training
Expenditure Transfer Training Sessions
The Expenditure Transfer request form is submitted via OnBase.
In-Person training for OnBase Expenditure Transfers will resume shortly, and consists of a two-hour, hands-on, session that demonstrates the submission and the custom query search functionality. All employees who have Delegation of Authority (DOA) for Expenditure Transfers and need to submit expenditure transfer requests are strongly encouraged to attend the training.
A video training for Expenditure Transfers via On-Base is available here. You may also refer to the Expenditure Transfer 101 Powerpoint - Revised November 2022 and Expenditure Transfer User Guide for additional information.
Register for ExpTX 101 through Trumba.
|Thursday, November 17, 2022||9 am - 10 am||Zoom|
|Thursday, February 23, 2023||9 am - 10 am||Zoom|
|Thursday, May 25, 2023||9 am - 10 am||Zoom|
|Thursday, August 24, 2023||9 am - 10 am||Zoom|
Financial Data Warehouse (FDW)
To request one-on-one training, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should get access to the FDW application before requesting training. Verify your access, place a CARS request, if needed.
- FDW-Introductory Training
- Financial Summary As Of Period
- Fund Balance Report
- FDW-LCD Report Guide
- Open POs
- Tree Reporting
- Trial Balance
FDW Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The FAQs are grouped into the following three categories:
- How to specify NULL or not-NULL filters in FDW
- I cannot drill on totals. How do I drill and see the details for a PC/College, and not just a department?
- How can I use FDW to verify open POs?
- Why is my PO Report sum different from my Financial Summary Encumbrance sum?
- Use the "Primary Tree Flg" on your Tree report
- How can I relate my Fund Balance to my Financial Summary?
- Known issue - Report hangs at the filter drop-down prompt
- Why does my FDW report not use the filter that I defined?
- What if my “Hamburger” is missing?
- What if my report filters are missing?
- How do I request access to the LCD Dashboard?
Contents of "Other FAQs":
- Remember to click "Apply Filters"
- Encumbrances may show differently than Sac Vault
- Remember to set the current month to 12 when running a prior year report
- Remember to use the pull-down menu, and not to directly key in funds or department numbers
- Sharing customizations with others
Receive system-wide service outage bulletins, including FDW outages
|Wednesday, March 15, 2023||10:00 am - 11:00 am||Zoom|
|Monday, April 10, 2023||2:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Zoom|
The Procurement and Contract Services Department will conduct Procurement 101 and Requisition Trainings for new staff members responsible for procurement activity; and/or, as a refresher for current staff members. The trainings cover procurement policies, protocols and guidelines.
Sac State Procurement Card Training
ProCard training is currently available through the CSULearn link on My Sac State. Use the keyword "Procurement Card" to locate the training called "Sac State Procurement Card Training Rev 9-2020." This training is required for new ProCard users and a great resource for established users.
Procurement 101 Training Sessions
This class is to introduce and familiarize you with the services and processes that Procurement provides for acquisition of supplies, equipment, materials and service.
Register for Procurement 101 through Trumba.
|Wednesday, February 22, 2023||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Zoom|
|Thursday, May 4, 2023||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Zoom|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2023||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Zoom|
|Wednesday, November 29, 2023||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Zoom|
University Foundation at Sac State (UFSS)
Effective October 1, 2018, Sac State Financial Services assumed administration responsibilities for Foundation Funds. General information about this change can be found in this PowerPoint Overview. Training for new employees and current employees wanting a refresher will be available soon.