Skip to Main Content

Risk Management Services Administration & Business Affairs

Support Page Content

Workers' Compensation

Welcome to the Office of Workers’ Compensation. If you are injured or become ill, either physically or mentally, because of your job, you may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits. Workers' compensation benefits are designed to provide you with medical treatment to cure or relieve the effects of a work related injury or illness, help replace lost wages if you are unable to work due to a work place injury/illness, and help you return to work at the earliest opportunity.

Depending on the nature of your claim, you may become eligible for one or more of the following benefits:
Medical Care: The claims administrator will pay for all reasonable and necessary medical care for your work related injury or illness. Medical benefits are subject to approval and may include treatment by a physician, hospital services, physical therapy, lab tests, x-rays, medicines, equipment and travel costs. The claims administrator will pay the costs of approved medical services directly so you should never see a bill. There are limits on chiropractic, physical therapy, and other occupational therapy visits.

Temporary Disability (Lost Wages)

If you can’t work while you are recovering from a work related injury or illness, you may receive temporary disability payments for a limited period. These payments may change or stop when your doctor says you are able to return to work. These benefits are tax-free. Temporary disability payments are two-thirds of your average weekly pay, within minimums and maximums set by state law. Payments are not made for the first three days you are off the job unless you are hospitalized overnight or cannot work for 14 or more days.

Permanent Disability

If a doctor says you have not recovered completely from your injury and you will always be limited in the work you can do, you may receive additional payments. The amount will depend on the type of injury, extent of impairment, your age, occupation, date of injury, and your wages before you were injured.

Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB)

If you were injured on or after 1/1/2004, and your injury results in a permanent disability and your employer does not offer regular, modified, or alternative work, you may qualify for a nontransferable voucher for retraining and/or skill enhancement. If you qualify, the claims administrator will pay the costs up to the maximum set by state law.

Death Benefits

If the injury or illness causes death, payments may be made to a spouse and other relatives or household members who were financially dependent on the deceased worker.

What Should I do if I have a Job Injury?

Report the injury to your supervisor within 24 hours of occurance. If your injury or illness developed over time, report it as soon as you learn or believe it was caused by your job.

Reporting promptly helps prevent problems and delays in receiving benefits, including medical care you may need. Failing to do so will result in a delay of the investigation of the injury which could result in the loss of your right to receive workers' compensation benefits.

Get emergency treatment if you need it. Your employer may tell you where to go for treatment. Tell the health care provider who treats you that your injury or illness is job-related.

Fill out a claim form (DWC-1) along with a report of accident or incident form, and give to your supervisor or fax to Risk Management Services, (916) 278-2641.

Report of Accident or Incident Form

Get Medical Treatment (Beyond First Aid)

Emergencies: call 911 from a campus phone or (9136) 278-6000 from a cell phone.

  Concentra has 5 locations available to ALL Employees:
Rancho Cordova Rocklin Sacramento Downtown Sacramento North West Sacramento
10670 White Rock Rd, Ste 100 2305 Sunset Blvd 1675 Alhambra Blvd, Ste B 4700 Northgate Blvd, Ste 100 3680 Industrial Blvd, Ste 550-H
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 Rocklin, CA 95765 Sacramento, CA 95816 Sacramento, CA 95834 West Sacramento, CA 95691
916-364-1733 916-688-2005 916-451-4580 916-929-6161 916-373-1555
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm

Additional Medical Treatment Locations

    Kaiser On The Job (KOJ) has 4 locations available to ALL Employees:
Sacramento Medical Center South Sacramento Medical Center Roseville Medical Center Folsom Medical Offices
  Building 3, 2nd Floor Building C 2nd Floor
2016 Morse Avenue 6600 Bruceville Road 1600 Eureka Road 2155 Iron Point Road
Sacramento, CA 95825 Sacramento, CA 95823 Roseville, CA 95661 Folsom, CA 95630
916-973-5499 916-688-2005 916-784-4000 916-817-5660
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm

After Hours Treatment

Sacramento Medical Center
After-Hours/Urgent Care/Hospital Services
Roseville Medical Center
After-Hours/Urgent Care/Hospital Services
South Sacramento Medical Center
After-Hours/Urgent Care
    Level II Trauma Center
2025 Morse Avenue 1600 Eureka Road 6600 Bruceville Road
Sacramento, CA 95825 Roseville, CA 95661 Sacramento, CA 95823
916-973-6600 916-784-5380 916-688-2535
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

You have the right to be treated by your personal physician if the physician is designated prior to the injury or illness. The physician must meet all the conditions set forth on the Employee Pre-designation of Personal Physician which are:

1. A written notice pre-designating the employee's personal physician or medical group is given in writing to the employee's employer prior to the date of injury for which treatment is sought and the notice includes the physician's name and business address;

2. The employee has healthcare coverage for non-occupational injuries or illnesses on the date of injury in a plan, policy or fund; and

3. The employee's personal physician or medical group agrees to be pre-designated prior to the dates of injury upon request, have your treatment transferred to your personal chiropractor or acupuncturist.

The designation remains in effect until written notice is received from the employee. Forms are available here:

Workers’ Compensation Resource Guide

Pre-designation of Personal Physician Form

Pre-designation of Personal Chiropractor or Acupuncturist Form

Contact the Office or Workers' Compensation

Adell Seibles, Workers’ Compensation Manager
Office: (916) 278-3979


Information for Employees with Positive COVID Test

COVID-19 Safety Information

OSHA Form 300A 2023

Ergonomic Resources

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

Employee Wellness Across Campus

Virtual Calming Room

Heat Illness and Air Quality Safety

82020-Safety Hotline

Contact Us