Support Page Content
Faculty & Staff Resources
This page provides resources for faculty and staff in the School of Music. If you find any errors, or to submit suggestions for additional content, please CONTACT US
Arts & Letters Tech Support
For assistance with University managed computers and printers, use this form:
Faculty and Staff are entitield to up to two (2) free tickets to any of our concerts.
To claim, visit our ticket page from the link below, select the ticekt link from the event you want, and select the "Student/Employee Offer" option (you may also do this from the AXS app directly). If you do not have an AXS account already setup, you will be prompted to create one. If it says that there's already an account associated with your email address, use the "Forgot Password" link to reset your password.
Tickets will be saved to the AXS ticketing app (available on the Apple App Store or Google Play), and then just scan the barcode at the door for entry. (You may also select the option at checkout to have your ticket left at will-call; charges may apply).
AV Equipment Services
Description of Services Offered
- Audio Services
- Audio recording is available in The Concert Hall, Room 151 and Room 143 in stereo or multitrack
- Sound systems
- Wireless microphones for classroom or zoom conference
- Video Services
- Single or multi-camera recording
- Zoom multi-camera productions
- V-Cam production cart
- Video streaming to Facebook and/or Youtube from Capistrano Concert Hall, Room 151, and Room 143
- File Services
- The Music Lab maintains a Library of previous audio and video recordings. Contact us with requests, including the date and title of performance
- All requests for AV equipment or services for classes, meetings, rehearsals, and concerts at Capistrano Hall must be submitted using the Service Request Form below
- Equipment requests for classes, meetings, and rehearsals must be made at least five business days in advance. Service requests for concerts must be made at least three weeks in advance. The shorter the notice, the greater the possibility of request denial. All requests are subject to availability and available staffing
- Confirmation emails will be sent within three (3) business days of submitting this form
Effective Spring 2022, the following in-house concerts will be automatically live-streamed on Facebook and recorded.
- Wind Ensemble
- Concert Band
- Opera Theatre
- Faculty Recitals
- Studio Recitals
- Festival of New American Music concerts (fall only)
Jazz concerts are not livestreamed as of Fall 2022.
Student Recitals are only live-streamed if the student submitted the Service Request and paid the fee. View the Student Resources page for more.
Need your piano tuned? Experiencing a problem with a piano? Just fill out this form:
- Concert scheduling begins with LPE concerts, around mid-February for the following academic year. The specific directors involved will be notified via email.
- Open scheduling for fall events will begin in late-March; open scheduling for spring events will begin around late-October. All faculty will receive mutiple email announcements which will include as attachments the list of available dates and list of currently scheduled concerts (typically, 3 email notices are sent, spread out over the last 6-7 weeks of the semester)
- Student Degree Recital signup procedures and timelilnes are outlined on the Student Resources Page.
Classroom Equipment Problems
Classroom equipment problems can be reported by submitting a Service Request email to email@example.com. Subject line should read: "Classroom Equipment Problem in Room ___" (add the room number in). Please describe in detail the issue you are having.
For classroom connection issues, please contact IRT. IRT is available Monday-Thursday from 7am-10pm and Fridays from 7am-7pm.
- From the phone in the classroom, dial x87337 (or 916-278-7337 from your cell phone) and select Option 1
If you have volunteer (non Sac State student or employee) members in any of your ensembles, they need to be approved as a University Volunteer before they can participate in your group. They can email Glenn to start the process, simply stating that they wish to apply as a volunteer in X ensemble. (Or you can send the email if you know what the volunteer's email is).
Once Glenn starts the process, you will receive an AdobeSign document to complete.
More information on the Volunteer process is available on the Community Info page.
NOTE: if you are planning on using anyone as a Volunteer who is a minor, the University reuqires that you (the faculty member) complete a LiveScan background check. When someone under the age of 18 applies as a Volunteer, HR will send you the LiveScan forms and instructions on setting up an appointment with the Police Service Center in the University Union.
Digital (pdf) copies of past programs since Spring 2019 are available at:
For older programs, please email Glenn with the date of title of the concert.
Social Media Submission
Do you have anything exciting or fun you and/or your students are doing here? Have you or your students recently been published, or won an award or recognition? Take a minute to submit something for us to post on social media! Photos/videos are great but not required.