Support Page Content
On this page you will find information relevant to being a Music Major at the School of Music. For advising info or questions, please see Mark Allen in Capistrano 111.
Useful forms for Music Majors:
- Add/Drop Form (for Music courses)
- Advancement to Candidacy (for Graduate students)
- Change of Major
- Course Subsitution (for GE courses)
- Course Substitution (for Music courses)
- Jury Form (instrumental)
- Jury Form (voice)
- Student Recital Packet
Useful links for Music Majors:
Students enrolled in the School of Music's programs are required to give degree recitals as part of their curriculum; this may include a junior and/or senior recital for undergrads in the Bachelor of Music programs, and a Graduate Recital (MUSC 285) and/or Culminating Experience (MUSC 500) for Masters candidates. Bachelor of Arts students do not give degree recitals.
You are repsonsible for the information contained in the Recital Packet. Please download and read this.
In order to give a degree recital, you must have met the eligibility requirements outlined in the Recital Packet.
Recital sign-up times are in the chart below. Degree recitals should be signed up for in person in Capistrano 121. A list of available days and times will be available. Consult with your applied instructor and accompanist (if applicable) regarding any blackout dates they may have before signing up for a date.
You must sign up by December 13, 2019 if you intend to do a degree recital in Spring 2020.
|Recital Type||Signup Period|
|Graduate||On or after November 18|
|Senior||On or after November 20|
|Junior||On or after November 25|
Currrent music students: schedule your advising appointment with Mark Allen. Use the link below, and select "Advising" for the type of appointment, “School of Music Advising” for the Office, and “School of Music” for the Location.
Sacramento State School of Music students (including Sac State students enrolled in any music course except online courses*) can get a free ticket to School of Music events!Download the app today to get started.
- Open the app and login to (or sign up for) your account from the little person icon in the lower right corner (or the sign-in link on the upper right corner of the AXS website)
- Search for the School of Music event you want and use the "Music Fee Payers" offer, then just follow the directions to get your free ticket. Your Sac State ID is the Passcode. (NOTE: the system requires entering credit card info for "payment", but the total charge will be $0.00)
That's it! You can scan your ticket at the door on the night of the show, directly from your phone app, or print out an e-ticket from the AXS Website (depending on which delivery method you chose).
* Students in online music classes can use the AXS system to purchase discounted student tickets, by selecting “Student Offer” from the event ticket page instead of "Music Fee Payers".