Support Page Content
Advising for Environmental Studies Students
ENVS majors and minors should meet with an ENVS advisor at least once a year for advising regarding courses and other major-related issues. To schedule an appointment please use the online appointment scheduling tool EAB (instructions below)
Approvals for Change of Major/Minor require meeting with the appropriate Academic Advisor (based on your last name) as indicated below.
Approvals for Sub/Waiver require meeting with the appropriate Academic Advisor (based on your last name) as indicated below.
Internship-related Appointments – please review the information on the ENVS 195 Syllabus before scheduling Internship related apointments. ENVS 195 Syllabus
*Last name starting with A – C + D - F (and all Internship): Dr. Wayne Linklater) via Zoom
Last name starting with n/a : Dr. Michelle Stevens (On Sabbatical Fall 2021 returning Spring 2021)
Last name starting with L – P + G - H: Dr. Julian Fulton via Zoom
Last name starting with Q – Z + I - K : Dr. Ajay Singh via Zoom
Note: If you do not see availability in EAB for your assigned Advisor then email your assigned Advisor directly
- ENVS BS Advising Hand-out Rev Oct 28 2021
- ENVS BA Advising Hand-out Rev Oct 28 2021
- ENVS Minor Advising Hand-out
- Declaration/Change of Major can only be submitted by an Advisor on your behalf. Note: you will need schedule an Advising appointment with an ENVS Advisor (according to your last name) to have a Declaration of Major/Minor submitted on your behalf
Fall 2021 Add classes:
Effective Mon, Sept 13, 8am thru Fri, Sept. 24, 5pm (week 3 and 4 of instruction). The Registrar’s office is encouraging students to use the online OnBase form, however, while there are some benefits of using the form, the glitches, quirks, redundancy, problems, challenges, etc. far out-weigh the benefits. The ENVS Dept. would prefer that you follow the following process:
-Students contact Instructor (If you contact the ENVS office I will refer you to the Instructor)
-Instructor determines if they have room? Are they able to over-enroll a full class? Graduating Senior? Can the student make-up the first 2 weeks of assignments? Does student have the pre-req (if applicable)?
-If yes, Instructor sends me an email to add student and Instructor adds student to Canvas
Fall 2021 Drop classes:
Effective Mon, Sept 13, 8am thru Fri, Sept. 24, 5pm (week 3 and 4 of instruction). The Registrar’s office is encouraging students to use the online OnBase form, however, while there are some benefits of using the form, the glitches, quirks, redundancy, problems, challenges, etc. far out-weight the benefits. The ENVS Dept. would prefer that you follow the following process:
-Student notifies Instructor
-Instructor sends ENVS Dept an email. Drops at this point require Instructor and Chair approval and also a little more inquiry. Is the student having some sort of issue that might be assisted by campus services? Does the student need advising? Is the student dropping all classes?
-Depending on what info the Instructor and/or the student provides, Dr. Wayne Linklater, Dept Chair, may may follow-up with student before approval.
Instructor drops student from Canvas
NOTE: All registration must be finalize prior to Census Date Mon, Sept 27 5pm
Forms & Essentials
- Course Substitution (Substituing a course of equivlant value taking at another Institution for a Sac State course - By appointment only with an Academic Advisor who will access the OnBase Form (As of July 1 2021)
- Course Waiver (Waiving a required course) - By appointment only with Academic Advisor who will access the OnBase form (As of July 1 2021)
- Student Grade Appeal Information