Support Page Content
North Village Move-In Details
Congratulations on attending Sacramento State and being a part of our residential community. We're excited to have you join us at North Village for the 2021-2022 academic year! The following information and resources will be helpful as you pack and prepare to move into your residence hall.
- North Village opens on Thursday, August 26, 2021, for First-Year Students ONLY. Check-in is at the Harper Alumni Center from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- North Village and Hornet Commons open on Friday, August 27, 2021, for Returners and Transfer students. Check-in is at the Harper Alumni Center from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- If you are living in North Village you need to check in at the Harper Alumni Center at your appointment time. If you arrive after the specified time, check-in will be at your assigned residence hall at North Village. Your appointment time will be emailed to you by July 30. If you need to change your appointment time, please follow the steps within the email to request an alternate arrival time or date.
Virtual Family Lounge
Monday, August 30 from 12 – 1 pm
The Family Lounge is available if you want to chat with Parent Ambassadors, get fun giveaways, and meet other families. The event will be virtual this year due to the Delta variant. We encourage you to write a letter to your student and mail it to them in the first three weeks of their move, and we can help you understand the mailing system in housing. We look forward to meeting you!
Virtual Family Reception
Join us for a Virtual Family Reception, Thursday, September 2 at 7 pm. and hear from Sacramento State leaders including President Robert Nelsen, Provost Steve Perez, Vice President of Student Affairs Ed Mills, Dean of Students Bill Macriss, Executive Director of Housing, Samuel N. Jones, Chief of Police Christina Lofthouse, and Haley Myers Dillon, Director of the Parents & Families Program.
Programs and Events
Make S'more Friends
Thursday, August 26
7:00 – 10:00 pm
Draper and Sierra Grills
Sacramento State Fan Fest
Friday, August 27
6:30 – 9:00 pm
Hornet Stadium/Fred Anderson Field
Tye Dying to Meet you (Meet RHA)
Saturday, August 28
6:00 – 8:00 pm
North Village Quad
Alternate Arrival Requests
Any resident who needs to arrive early due to extenuating circumstances must complete the online request form. Your request for early move-in will be reviewed by staff. If approved or denied, additional information will be emailed to you.
Alternate Arrival Request (LIVE)
View Your Move-In Appointment on HornetHousing
Living In The Halls
Meal Service Information
Dining in North Village and Campus
Monday, August 23 – Wednesday, August 25
- Virtual Courtesy permits for Move-In are available.
- To activate your permit:
- If you don't have a Saclink or guest account, create a guest account.
- If you forgot the password to your guest account, reset your password.
- Access the parking permit to login to the parking portal and complete the permit checkout process.
- After you complete the permit checkout process, you will be emailed a receipt confirming the details of your virtual parking permit. If you need assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To activate your permit:
Thursday, August 26 – Sunday, August 29
- No parking permits are required in Lot 8, Lot 2, Lot 11 and the 5/6 floors of PS5.
- Permits are required everywhere else.
We have XFINITY on Campus providing an IPTV streaming service offered by Comcast. Please take a moment and click on the television service link and view our digital cable specifications. Also, in conjunction with Residence Life Cinema, we provide online movies.
Internet Connectivity - Housing offers high-speed wireless Internet connectivity and access to campus network resources. View more information regarding connecting to the internet.
The University does not provide in-room telephone services. We recommend purchasing a cellular/wireless phone or selecting a broadband VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) provider to use through your in-room Internet connection. VOIP is an emerging technology that allows voice communications over a standard landline telephone through the Internet. For further information on the VOIP technology please visit the Federal Communication Commission's website at http://www.fcc.gov/voip.
Parents & Families
- Parents & Families Program:
- Care Package Program: The Residence Hall Association and SWAKU have partnered together to provide care packages to residents. Care packages consist of yummy treats that will be sure to get your student through the semester. As an added bonus, this year we are offering a variety of health and safety options too! Visit SWAKU to check out current offerings!
- Linen Program: The Residence Hall Association and SWAKU have partnered together to provide linens to students! Did you know that residence hall rooms have Twin XL mattresses? Take the guesswork out of it and let us make sure your room is outfitted with the stylish and up to date linens. Visit the SWAKU Linens page to check out current offerings!
- MicroChill Program: MicroChill® refrigerator/freezers and certified combination appliances are eco-friendly and low noise rated. No need to lug a bulky appliance to school when College Products can deliver it direct directly to your room. At the end of the year, you can just leave the removal to us. If you pay for cleaning, we will even clean it for you. Visit the College Products website to order.
Student Alumni Association
Students Today, Alumni Forever. The Student Alumni Association (SAA) is a volunteer-based student organization that works with the Sacramento State Alumni Association connecting students to one another, alumni, and the University. Your customized Sac State laundry bag was sponsored by the Student Alumni Association. Your alumni association encourages YOU to get involved, stay connected, and lead on campus and within the Sacramento community. Ready to join and meet a network of Hornet Alumni? Email Gerardo Cabral at email@example.com to get involved now!
UNIQUE Programs is a Sac State volunteer group that brings innovative, quality entertainment to campus. Student volunteers work hard each semester to plan, promote, and produce all UNIQUE events. Begun in 1978 with the central goal of creating outstanding entertainment and educational opportunities that take place in the University Union. We host concerts, “Nooners", lectures, performing arts, movie screenings, and multicultural programs. This Fall, we will continue to bring you entertainment on a virtual platform. Visit www.SacStateUNIQUE.com as we plan the semester and for more info on how you can get involved!
The WELL campus recreation team welcomes all of our Hornets, new and returning, back to campus! Just like any year, your wellness goals are important to us. Whether it be working on your fitness routine, relieving stress, connecting with other hornets, or just having fun, we are going to do all we can to support every hornet. This semester we will continue to offer virtual programs, services, and events. We hope to offer some outdoor in-person programs as well as in-person programs but we will continue to work with our campus official and local public health departments to ensure only safe options. We encourage you to follow our Instagram (@wellsacstate), Twitter, and Facebook and visit our website to stay up to date on our programs and services. www.thewellatsacstate.com