Support Page Content
Instructional Design Services
We provide support services in instructional design, hybrid and online teaching and learning including but not limited to:
- Course design through LMS and other technology tools
- Instructional strategies for enhancing interaction in online courses
- Workshops and consultation on course design, effective use of multimedia, collaboration tools, etc.
Workshops and Consultations
We offer small group hands-on workshops and discussions in a friendly environment where you can get your questions answered and try out new ideas and tools. Following is a list of topics and current offerings. If your would like to request a consultation or small group discussion, please contact us.
- What is a hybrid/online/flipped etc. course, and should I consider teaching one?
- How to re-design my course for better outcome assessment and student success?
- How to organize my course with Canvas using a Quality Matters template?
- How to use interactive and collaborative tools to engage student attention?
- How can I use images and videos to enhance student learning?
- What is Accessibility and Universal Design for Learning and how do I implement them?
Online Learning Resources
Sac State Resources
- Canvas Learning Management System Support at Sac State
- Sac State eLearning Policy (link coming soon.)
- Cal State Online (students can find transferrable courses from any CSU or California Community College campus, either on campus or online)
- CSU Fully Online
- CSU Teaching and Learning
- Co-facilitate with College of Continuing Education the Summer Online Course Development Grant Program
- Faculty Learning Community on Hybrid and Online Teaching and Learning
- Training and support for Quality Matters project and participating faculty
- Support and co-facilitate New Faculty Welcome, Teaching Institute and other professional development events
- Support Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) and Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Support for Office of Assessment in Outcome usage through Canvas
- Collaboration with departments interested in instructional design projects, hybrid and online course design or redesign
- Participate in CSU system-wide Instructional Design, Academic Technology and CSU Online group efforts.