Support Page Content
Below are listed the most general questions asked. If you are looking for information on a specific topic, visit that topic's page for that list.
General Q & As
- What is Concur Travel and Expense? Concur Travel and Expense is a hosted, web-based system integrating a complete travel booking solution with an expense reporting tool.
- Do I have to use Concur Travel and Expense? Yes, it will be necessary to use Concur Travel and Expense to reconcile Visa Travel Card charges, and be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses. It is strongly encouraged to use the Concur Travel and Expense booking feature to take advantage of efficiencies and potential cost savings.
- Why should I use Concur Travel and Expense? The system includes an online travel reservation system that is very similar to typical online travel reservation systems; built in business rules to assist travelers with the multiple travel rules; replaces the current paper intensive process; allows the traveler to do business via their smartphone with Concur's mobile app. All of which facilitate quicker reimbursements.
- How do I assign a delegate? Log into Concur. Find the Add or Delete Delegates in Concur Travel and Expense under Profile.
- Is there a mobile app? Yes. Concur for Mobile is available for Blackberry, iPhone, and Android devices.
- How do I book group travel? Group travel can be arranged by calling Christopherson directly
- How should travel for undergrad student groups be handled? Travel for all non-employees, including undergraduate students should be handled using the same process that is currently in place.& For additional help, contact the Travel Department.
- On what browsers can Concur be used? Internet Explorer 11.0, Firefox 60.0, Google Chrome 66.0, and Safari 10.0 are fully supported by Concur. Other browsers and various operating system combinations may work with Concur Travel & Expense service, but may not show all the information as necessary. Concur Technologies is only able to provide support for those listed above.
- How can I check the status of the system if I encounter an error when working in Concur? The Concur Open Dashboard provides users a glimpse at system outages and interruptions.
How-Tos & Help
- User Profile Setup Guide New to Concur? Start here first. This guide outlines the steps necessary to set up your User Profile prior to booking travel or entering expense reports.
- Updating Your Travel Profile (video) How to update your personal information, credit card information, associated institution information, etc.
- E-Receipts This quick reference provide the steps necessary to activate e-receipts.
- Emailing Receipts Learn the steps necessary to add and verify email addresses in order to submit receipts by email
- Assign a Delegate Learn the steps to assign a Travel Delegate.
- Assign a Travel Arranger Learn the steps to assign a Travel Arranger.
- What should I do the first time I log into Concur Travel and Expense? The first time you log in, you should review your traveler profile for completeness and accuracy.
- What if I book outside of Concur Travel and Expense? How do I get reimbursed? All reimbursements must be made by submitting an expense report in Concur. However, by not booking through Concur you will lose some of the efficiencies the system provides.
- Will I be able to store frequent flyer or other loyalty program information? Yes, this is done in the employee profile within Concur Travel and Expense.
- Will someone else be able to make my travel arrangements for me? Yes. You can assign access in your profile to as many travel arrangers as you need. The implementation of Concur Travel and Expense should have no effect on who makes your travel arrangements. Go to your Profile and either scroll to the page to the “Assistants and Travel Arrangers” box, or click “Assistants/Arrangers” from the My Profile menu on the left side of the page. Click Add an Assistant to add the person who you would like to authorize to book your travel. This person can update your profile and make any travel arrangements for you. Arrangers or assistants must have their own login.
- Will someone else be able to create my request on my behalf? Yes. A delegate can create requests and expense reports on a traveler's behalf. The delegate can create the reports, but the traveler is required to submit it. This replaces the signature requirement. This can be done via a smartphone, which should decrease the processing time/reimbursement time.
- Where will my travel request be routed? Upon submission of the request email notifications will be routed to the traveler, budget approver, supervisor and delegate (if the delegate helped with arranging).
Concur Travel Card
- How do I change the limit on the Concur Travel Card? Contact Accounts Payable via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-278-3887 to request a change
- What happens to the Concur Travel Card when an employee leaves the University? Email the Travel Team at email@example.com of the cancellation. Within the email include card holder name and the last 4 digits of the card number. Return the card to Accounts Payable/Travel via campus mail to 6004 or drop it off at Modoc Hall, room 3008.
- Do I have to activate my card? Yes, call US Bank at 1-800-344-5696.
- Why did my card get declined? A purchase may be declined if trying to make a purchase at a vendor that has been blocked or if the card has exceeded its credit limit.
- What do I do when my card is declined? Contact US Bank at 1-800-344-5696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the issue.
- What if my card is lost or stolen? Call US Bank at 1-800-344-5696 to report the missing card.
- What if there are fraudulent or unauthorized charges? Call US Bank at 1-800-523-9078 to identify the fraudulent or unauthorized charges.
- How do I dispute a charge? To dispute a charge, first contact the vendor. If that does not resolve the issue, then contact US Bank at 1-800-344-5696.
- Many credit cards have a fee (usually a percentage) for all international purchases/charges. Is there a fee on the Concur Travel Card? If so, what is it? 2.5%
- How long does it take for the charge to show in Concur 'Available Expenses' after the Concur Travel Card has been used to pay for a travel expense? It can take 7-10 days (or longer for International charges) for the charge to come into the 'Available Expenses' pane.