Support Page Content
Resources for identifying potential sources of support for research and scholarly activities led by Sacramento State faculty and staff.
Searchable Funding Databases
- GRANTSEARCH is the Grants Resource Center’s funding database. GrantSearch is designed so faculty members and staff at GRC member campuses can easily access grants availability information according to academic discipline and funding agency. For more information on obtaining access to GRANTSEARCH, please contact ORIED
- SPIN The Sponsored Programs Information Network is an extensive database of nearly 40,000 funding opportunities from federal agencies, private foundations, corporations, international organizations and professional associations.
- Grants Resource Center The GRC provides three regular publications to members with federal and private funding opportunity alerts, federal meeting coverage, and successful proposal development strategies and advice. For more information on obtaining access to GRC's publications, please contact ORIED.
- Research Development & Grant Writing News outlines proven strategies that can be used to compete successfully for research and education funding from federal agencies and foudnations. To sign up to receive it monthly, email ORIED. To view archives, visit here.
- Research Funding Update- A monthly listing provided by ORIED that explores possible funding opportunities for faculty research.
- SMARTS: The SPIN Matching and Research Transmittal Service is an electronic matching and funding opportunity notification system that provides information on federal and non-federal grants, contracts and fellowships as they are announced by the various agencies. To receive SMARTS grant alerts via e-mail, configure a Basic, Advanced or Keyword search in SPIN, save the search, and specify the automation you prefer (i.e. daily or weekly notices). Email alerts will include newly added or modified opportunities that meet the criteria of the saved search. Your SMARTS daily or weekly history will also be available online in the Funding Alerts section.
CSU System Support
- CSU Council on Ocean Affairs, Science & Technology COAST promotes research and education to advance our knowledge of marine and coastal resources and the processess that affect them.
- California State University Program for Education & Research in Biotechnology CSUPERB seeks to develop a professional biotechnology workforce by mobilizing and supporting collaborative CSU student and faculty research, innovating educational practices, and partnering with the life science industry.
- CSU Water Resources & Policy Initiatives WRPI is designed to target the capabilities and resources within the twenty-three California State University Campuses to provide academic preparation, applied research and policy development that addresses all aspects of water use. Funds are available through the Applied Faculty Research Program.
Sacramento State Campus Support
The Incentive for Developing External Awards (IDEA) provides incentive funds for faculty to seek external funding to kick start their scholarly and/or creative activity.
Research and Creative Activity (RCA) Faculty Awards Program supports faculty research, scholarly, and creative activity, and faculty contributions to their discipline. All Unit 3 faculty are eligible and encouraged to apply. Next Deadline: late Fall 2019.
University Award for Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity for Senior Faculty (formerly the Outstanding Scholarly Achievement Award) recognizes tenured and tenure track faculty who have been at Sacramento State for at least ten academic years and who have, over many years, made significant contributions to a discipline through research, scholarly activity, creative/artistic endeavors, and publications.
University Award for Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity for Early Career Faculty (formerly the President's Award) honors a Sacramento State faculty member who has made significant contributions over the last five years to their discipline.
Academically Related Activities (ARA) Student Travel Fund provides funds to students who are presenting papers at scholarly and professional conferences, selected for competition to perform musical or dramatic pieces, or invited by a recognized gallery to exhibit artistic works.
ASI External Grants fund on-campus programs that support and serve Sacramento State students.
Faculty Research Fellows Program (FRFP) links the policy research resources of California State University with the policy research needs of the legislative and executive branches of state government. Administered by the Center for California Studies, FRFP distributes over $80,000 annually.
Instructionally Related Activities (IRA) grants support educational experiences that supplement activities sponsored by an academic department or discipline.
Pedagogy Enhancement Awards offered through the Center for Teaching and Learning support faculty to improve the quality of teaching and learning at Sacramento State.
- Probationary Faculty Development Grant provides funding for 3 units of assigned time for Spring semester to assist probationary and tenure-track faculty members, in their first through fifth years, meet the qualifications for retention, tenure, or promotion.
Student Academic Development (SAD) funds support activities that extend students’ educational experiences including attendance at a professional meeting or workshop, development of a special curriculum-related project or presentation, and participation in an academic competition or artistic performance.
UEI Campus Grant Program funds projects that are innovative, have a demonstrable need and clearly benefit Sacramento State students, faculty and/or staff.