Support Page Content
Newly Admitted Students
Congratulations on Your Admission to Sac State!
This is an exciting time and we wish you the best of luck in your academic career!
On this page you will find a wealth of resources to help you in your transition to studying at Sac State, including information on the campus and programs, as well as the Sacramento area and all that it has to offer.
Intent to Enroll (ITE)
Newly admitted graduate students have two weeks to ITE. Your two week ITE deadline can be found on your admission email from the Office of Graduate Studies. You must indicate your intent to enroll my logging into your MySacState Student Center via https://my.csus.edu/ and clicking on the “Application Status” link located under the “Admissions” expandable section of your Student Center. Failure to respond by your ITE deadline date may result in your admission being rescinded. If you have questions and/or need more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The June 1 deadline to ITE is for undergraduate admissions only.
The deadline to pay Tuition Fees is based upon the day when you register for your first class. Tuition due dates are found here.
Other information regarding fees and deadlines, as well as payment options, may be found on the Bursar's Office website.
Letters will be sent out to students who have not yet submitted their final transcript showing the awarding of their degree. Transcript can be sent electronically to email@example.com or via mail to:
Office of Graduate Studies
California State University, Sacramento
Riverfront Center, Room 215, MS 6112
6000 J St.
Sacramento, CA 95819
For your convenience, this information is also listed below.
In order to complete your admission file at Sacramento State, the Office of Graduate Studies must receive the following no later than Aug 15:
- Students admitted to a Credential, Master’s or the Physical Therapy Program, please submit your official baccalaureate degree conferral transcript.
- Students admitted to the Education Doctorate or the Joint Public History Ph.D. Program, please submit your official master’s degree conferral transcript.
If you are completing your bachelor’s or master’s degree this summer we must receive a Degree Verification from your university’s Office of Registrar by Aug 20. You must also request your final degree transcript for your file to be complete.
Please note that your degree conferral/award date must be prior to August 31, 2020. Participation or completion of course(s) date is not the same as a conferral/award date.
Your admission to the university will be rescinded if an Official Transcript with the conferral date of the Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree is not submitted to our office by September 10, 2020. A Financial Aid hold will be placed on your record and will only be removed when our office receives your final transcript with the conferral of your baccalaureate degree. If you have applied for and are eligible for financial aid, you will be responsible for tuition and fees payments if the financial aid hold is not removed. Additionally, a registration and transcript hold will be placed on your record, and you will not be eligible to register for future terms if your official degree conferral transcript is not received by September 10, 2020.
Life In Sacramento
California's capital university is in the heart of the state's political, economic, and cultural center. Our students come here to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others, to find and develop their passions, and to live those passions beyond the classroom.
Take a walk along the snaking, tree-lined pathways to find students poring over papers spread out on cafe tables, lounging in vast, grassy quads, and heading to any of the hundreds of on-campus events each semester. Beyond campus, Sacramento – the nation's "Farm to Fork" capital – is home to a one-of-a-kind gastronomic scene, prominent professional sports franchises, a vibrant arts and music culture, and exciting nightlife. Natural amenities on and off campus offer outdoor adventures of every sort: Biking and hiking trails, rivers, lakes, and mountains make up the city's backyard.
- On-Campus: On-Campus housing for Graduate students is available at the American River Courtyard. This residence hall is intended for sophomores, juniors, seniors, transfer, international and graduate students, and houses 606 residents in an apartment-style suite setting. Suites are completely furnished with a shared common living area and include two full bathrooms.
- Off-Campus Housing: The Upper Eastside Lofts are a University-owned off-campus housing option, within walking distance of campus. A Hornet shuttle is also available for rides to and from campus. The staff at the Upper Eastside Lofts work hand-in-hand with the on-campus housing staff to provide an excellent off-campus experience while maintaining strong ties to the campus community.
Parking & Transportation
- On-Campus: Parking is available on-campus, by permit only. Daily, weekly and semester permits may be purchased from University Transportation & Parking Services (UTAPS). UTAPS also operates a Hornet Express Shuttle that is a free transit system around campus and the surrounding areas, as well as a Hornet Night Shuttle, which is available to take students to various locations within campus. Sac State is also bicycle friendly! With bicycle pathways throughout campus and a foot/bicycle bridge connecting to residential areas on the other side of the American River, as well as several on-campus bicycle parking compounds, commuting to campus by bicycle is a viable option.
- Off-Campus: The Sacramento Regional Transit District operates a network of public transportation options that cover the entire Sacramento metropolitan area, including 80 bus routes and 27 miles of light rail.
Traffic in the Sacramento area can get quite congested and a trip during peak commuting times can take much longer than anticipated. If you are planning to commute to campus by car, you can check local traffic reports to keep updated on the current traffic flows.
- On Campus: There are a wide variety of dining options available from campus Dining Services , including places like Round Table Pizza, Panda Express, Starbucks, and Togo's, as well as eateries unique to campus.
- Off-Campus: The area around Sac State also has a variety of dining options available. Show your One Card at certain eateries for a discount!
Applicants may be admitted to a graduate degree program in a Conditionally Classified status if, in the opinion of appropriate campus authority, any deficiencies in their qualification for the program may be remedied by additional preparation.
If admitted as Conditionally Classified, the student will be notified of the specific conditions to be met and must fulfill these conditions before being fully classified in their program and advancing to candidacy for their degree.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us.
New Student Orientation
Please Note: These orientations are for Master's & Doctoral Degree students only.
New student orientation (for Master’s and Doctoral Degree Students):
During the orientation, the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) reviews important information such as:
- Advancement to Candidacy;
- Petition for Exceptions;
- Academic Standing;
- Grade Appeals;
- Important deadlines;
- Grants/fellowship; and more. Master’s degree seeking students.
If you have any question(s), please call the Office of Graduate Studies
- via Zoom video conferencing,
- connecting to Zoom via phone at 1 (669) 900-6833 and using Meeting ID: 998 112 826
- If you are unable to utilize the verbal zoom line, there is a chat option, accessible through the same link above. Simply login, do not connect computer audio, and our staff will message you via the chat.
between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Monday – Friday).
Information regarding the Zoom details for New Student Orientation will be sent directly to students.
|Date:||Thursday, July 9, 2020||Saturday, July 18, 2020||Thursday, August 20, 2020|
|Time:||4pm - 5:30pm||9:30am - 11am||4pm - 5:30pm|
|Location:||via Zoom (info will be sent)||via Zoom (info will be sent)||via Zoom (info will be sent)|