Support Page Content
How to Apply & Costs
Applying for Housing
Housing placement is on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed. We encourage students to apply early. Students applying for housing might be placed on a waitlist, depending on demand and the number of applications received. More details about a waitlist status are available in the FAQ section.
Please follow the below instructions for completing your on-campus housing application.
- Create your Sac Link ID
If you are an incoming student, create your Sac Link ID. You will need to create your account at least 3 business days before applying. Students do not need to have an Intent to Enroll submitted before they create a Sac Link ID and apply for housing – we encourage you to get started early once you are Admitted.
- Review your Housing Options
Visit Housing Options Page to learn more about room types and buildings. First-year students will reside in North Village. Upper-division and Transfer students will reside in North Village or Hornet Commons.
- Review your Meal Plan Options
Meal Plans are required in North Village and are optional in Hornet Commons. Read more information about the Meal Plan options.
- Submit your Application
Login to the HornetHousing Portal to complete your On-Campus Housing Application. Make sure to select the correct term for your application. Be prepared to share contact information, emergency contact information, health insurance information, and other important details. Please read all information carefully about your options, cancellation policies, etc. before submitting your application. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the License Agreement before you can submit your application.
- Complete your Application
- North Village: Follow instructions sent via email to pay the $250 Application Installment payment to complete your application. If you need a Deferment for the $250 payment, please see “North Village Forms” below.
- Hornet Commons: Follow instructions to complete your application, pay an application fee, and sign a lease.
- Check Your Application Status
Students will be notified when they have a confirmed housing space in North Village or when their Hornet Commons lease is counter-signed. You can refer back to your application for your Application Status at any time. It is important to check your Sac State email often.
- COVID-19 Self-Certification and other Immunization Records
Prior to move-in, please submit your COVID-19 Self-Certification on your Student Center and upload all other required immunization records with Student Health and Counseling Services.
Check out our housing options, amenities, and programs available for our Hornets.
North Village Housing Forms
- $250 Application Installment Deferment Request Form
The $250 Application Installment Deferment Request Form is available for all students to submit after they submit a financial aid application for the academic year. Staff will review the request form, determine eligibility, and inform the student if the request is approved or denied. Approved requests will defer the $250 due date to the start of the semester and available financial aid should pay the installment directly. Students are responsible for accepting and completing all financial aid processes, including accepting loans. See form for more details.
- Payment Plan Agreement Request Form
- Housing Installment Deferment Form
Summer 2022 Application Dates
The summer application is North Village only. Summer terms include Summer #1 (May 29, 2022 – July 10, 2022), Summer #2 (July 10, 2022 – August 21, 2022), and Summer All (May 29, 2022 – August 21, 2022).
- April 14, 2022: Housing Application for Summer 2022 opens
- May 20, 2022: Published cancellation deadline for Summer #1 and Summer All
- July 1, 2022: Published cancellation deadline for Summer #2
AY 2022-2023 Application Dates
Academic Year applications are from August through May. Depending on your application and your assigned housing, you may have to leave for Winter Break (but your belongings would remain in your room still).
- February 28, 2022 at 10 am: Housing Application available to all current residents of Hornet Commons and North Village
- March 14, 2022 at 1 pm: Housing Application available to all current commuter students and all incoming students
- April 13 - April 27, 2022: Roommate Selection for all Confirmed North Village students that participated in the priority application period (current residents for 21-22).
- April 30, 2022: North Village priority deadline for Disability-Related Housing Accommodation requests through SSWD.
- May 2, 2022 from 9 am - 11:59 pm: Full Suite Room Selection for all Confirmed North Village students that participated in priority application period (current residents for 21-22).
- May 5, 2022 at 1 pm - May 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm: Fill Bed Room Selection for all Confirmed North Village students that participated in priority application period (current residents for 21-22).
- May 9 - June 10, 2022: Roommate Selection for all Confirmed North Village and Confirmed Hornet Commons students.
- June 10, 2022: Published cancellation deadline for Academic Year 22-23 North Village application.
- July: All students will receive their North Village or Hornet Commons assignments (building and room) starting in July.
Spring 2023 Application Dates
Spring Only term is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed, depending on current occupancy going into the Spring semester from our academic year students.
- October 2022: Housing Application for Spring 2023 will open sometime in October. Please refer back to this website for more details and an updated date.
- December 19, 2022: Published cancellation deadline for Spring 2023 North Village application.
North Village License Agreement
The License Agreement is a legally binding contract between the student and the University Students living in the residence halls must sign a license agreement.
- License Agreement 2021-2022
- License Agreement UPDATED Addendum 2021-2022
- 9-Month License Agreement Addendum 2021-2022
- Summer 2022 License Agreement
- License Agreement 2022-2023
- 9-Month License Agreement Addendum 2022-2023
Cancellation License Agreement
Housing & Meal Costs
North Village Housing & Meal Costs
- 2021-2022 8-Month Rates
- 2021-2022 9-Month Rates (Winter Break Included)
- 2022 Spring Semester ONLY
- 2022 Summer Rent Rates
- 2022-2023 8-Month Rates
- 2022-2023 9-Month Rates (Winter Break Included)
- 2023 Spring Semester ONLY
North Village Payment Methods
Hornet Commons Costs
The monthly installment rates (which include all utilities) can be found on the Hornet Commons website
*Rates are subject to change*