Support Page Content
How to Apply & Costs
Applying for North Village Housing
Housing placement is only for North Village housing (does not include Hornet Commons). Housing placement is on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed. We encourage students to apply early. Students applying for housing might be placed on a waitlist, depending on demand and the number of applications received.
Please follow the below instructions for completing your on-campus housing application.
- Create your Sac Link ID
If you are an incoming student, create your Sac Link ID. You will need to create your account at least 3 business days before applying. Students do not need to have an Intent to Enroll submitted before they create a Sac Link ID and apply for housing – we encourage you to get started early once you are Admitted.
- Review your Housing Options
Visit Housing Options Page to learn more about room types and buildings.
- Review your Meal Plan Options
Meal Plans are required in North Village. Read more information about the Meal Plan options.
- Submit your Application
Login to the HornetHousing Portal to complete your On-Campus Housing Application. Make sure to select the correct term for your application. Be prepared to share contact information, emergency contact information, health insurance information, and other important details. Please read all information carefully about your options, cancellation policies, etc. before submitting your application. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the License Agreement before you can submit your application.
- Complete your Application
Follow instructions sent via email to pay the $250 Application Installment payment to complete your application. If you need a Deferment for the $250 payment due to incoming Financial Aid, please see “North Village Forms” below. If you are an international student and paid by Flywire, please email email@example.com your receipt of payment.
- Check Your Application Status
Students will be notified when they have a confirmed housing space in North Village. You can refer back to your application for your Application Status at any time. It is important to check your Sac State email often.
- Immunization Records
Prior to move-in, please upload the required immunization records to your Student Health and Counseling Services Patient Portal.
Check out our housing options, amenities, and programs available for our Hornets.
North Village Housing Forms
- $250 Application Installment Deferment Request Form: The $250 Application Installment Deferment Request Form is available for all students to submit after they submit a financial aid application for the academic year. Staff will review the request form, determine eligibility, and inform the student if the request is approved or denied. Approved requests will defer the $250 due date to the start of the semester and available financial aid should pay the installment directly. Students are responsible for accepting and completing all financial aid processes, including accepting loans. See the form for more details.
- Summer $175 Application Installment Deferment Request
- Payment Plan Request and Housing Installment Deferment Requests: Housing Services will release the forms after Financial Aid Disbursement. Please check your Sac State email closer to move-in.
Summer 2023 Application Dates
Summer applications will include the signing of a License Agreement that will be in effect for the Summer Session selected.
- April 10, 2023 at 1 pm: Housing Summer Application available on the HornetHousing Portal
- May 19, 2023: Published cancellation deadline for Summer #1 and Summer ALL North Village housing applications.
- May 22 to May 24, 2023: If a Spring 2023 North Village student is confirmed to Summer #1 or Summer All 2023 North Village housing, the student will have the opportunity to sign up for Spring to Summer Transition (for an additional fee). The student should be ready to move between these dates, depending on their room availability.
- June 30, 2023: Published cancellation deadline for Summer #2 North Village housing applications.
- Prior to or at Move-In: All students will receive their North Village assignments (building and room).
AY 2023-2024 Application Dates
Academic Year applications will include the signing of a License Agreement that will be in effect from August through May. Depending on your application and your assigned housing, you may have to leave for Winter Break (but your belongings would remain in your room still).
- February 15, 2023 at 1 pm: Housing Application available to all current residents of North Village
- March 1, 2023 at 1 pm: Housing Application available to all current commuter students and all incoming transfer students (not available for first-year students)
- March 2, 2023 at 1 pm: Housing Application available to all incoming first-year students
- March 6 - March 19, 2023: Roommate Search and Selection for all Confirmed North Village students that participated in the priority application period (current residents for 22-23).
- March 27, 2023 10 am -11:59 pm: Full Suite Room Selection for all Confirmed North Village students that participated in priority application period (current residents for 22-23).
- March 29, 2023 at 1 pm - April 2, 2023 at 11:59 pm: Fill Bed Room Selection for all Confirmed North Village students that participated in priority application period (current residents for 22-23).
- April 3, 2023: Roommate Selection for all Confirmed North Village begins.
- May 5, 2023: Review Deadline for Disability Access Center Accommodation Requests. Students with an on-campus housing application should submit their accommodation request and all supporting documentation to Disability Access Center by this date for priority review.
- May 12, 2023: Roommate Search and Selection closes for all Confirmed North Village students.
- May 15 - May 19, 2023: Theme housing applicants will be contacted.
- May 22 - May 26, 2023: First-Year Room Selection
- First-Year students that applied and were “confirmed” to housing on or before May 12, 2023 are eligible for participation.
- May 22 10 am - May 23, 2023 11:59 pm: Fill Whole Room (first-year)
- May 24 noon - May 26, 2023 11:59 pm: Fill Bed/Partial Room (first-year)
- May 30 12pm - June 2, 2023 11:59pm: Transfer and Upper-Division Room Selection
- Transfer and Upper-Division students that applied and were “confirmed” to housing on or before May 12, 2023 are eligible for participation. Those that applied during the “priority” timeframe would not be eligible.
- Fill Bed or Partial Suite Process, which would allow students to select a room for themselves or pull in roommates/suitemates during room selection.
- June 5 - June 9, 2023: Assignments finalized.
- June 9, 2023: Published cancellation deadline for Academic Year 23-24 North Village application.
Spring 2024 Application Dates
Spring Only term is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed, depending on current occupancy going into the Spring semester from our academic year students. Additionally, roommate requests will not be collected, as space will be limited. Please check back in the Summer to learn about our Spring application dates.
North Village License Agreement
The License Agreement is a legally binding contract between the student and the University Students living in the residence halls must sign a license agreement.
- License Agreement 2022-2023
- 9-Month License Agreement Addendum 2022-2023
- 2023 Summer License Agreement
- 2023 - 2024 License Agreement and 9-Month Addendum
Cancellation License Agreement
Housing & Meal Costs
North Village Housing & Meal Costs
- 2022-2023 8-Month Rates
- 2022-2023 9-Month Rates (Winter Break Included)
- 2023 Spring Semester ONLY
- 2023 Summer Rates
- 2023-2024 8-Month Rates (No Winter Break)
- 2023-2024 9-Month Rates (Winter Break Included)