Sacramento State’s Winter Commencement ceremonies will be held at Sleep Train Arena for the final time on Friday, Dec. 16, and Saturday, Dec. 17. Nearly 3,800 students are eligible to walk across the stage – the highest eligible number of graduates for Winter Commencement in the past five years.
The University is requiring tickets for guests attending the ceremonies, and graduates participating in Winter Commencement can claim up to 12 complimentary tickets for their guests on the Commencement website (csus.edu/commencement).
Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg, who was sworn into office Dec. 13, will be the community Commencement speaker at the College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies ceremony at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 16. The College of Business Administration ceremony will feature the college’s six “Golden Grads,” as graduates from the Class of 1966, attired in special gold gowns and mortarboards, will celebrate the 50th anniversary of their own commencements.
Sac State will continue to feature a live-stream feed of the ceremonies with remote- and replay-viewing (available through the streaming link on csus.edu/commencement). There also will be an inaugural live-stream viewing party Dec. 16 and 17 in Mariposa Hall 1001 on campus for guests who are unable to attend the ceremonies or do not have tickets.
Commencement Schedule (graduates and guests should arrive an hour before):
Friday, Dec. 16
- 11:30 a.m.: College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, 861 graduates
- 3:45 p.m.: College of Engineering and Computer Science, 425 graduates
- 7:15 p.m.: College of Arts and Letters, 565 graduates
Saturday, Dec. 17
- 8 a.m.: College of Health and Human Services, 825 graduates
- 11:45 a.m.: College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, 218 graduates
- 3 p.m.: College of Business Administration, 560 graduates
- 6:45 p.m.: College of Education, 211 graduates, 74 credential candidates
* Graduate totals as of Nov. 29
For more information regarding tickets, the live-stream feed and general inquiries, visit the Commencement website (csus.edu/commencement). – Elisa Smith