About World Languages & Literatures
Welcome to the Department of World Languages & Literatures
Language is a basic skill in communicating with other people, but even more importantly, language is a tool for organizing and generating ideas. Language defines and shapes how we understand the world and ourselves. Different languages give us different perceptions. By learning a new language, you not only discover a new world and make new friends, but you also discover a new you!
Explore Our Degree OpportunitiesVoces de Sacramento 2022 E-book
Italian Program FOTA Performance
The Department of World Languages & Literatures at Sacramento State offers a Master of Arts in Spanish, undergraduate majors in Spanish and French, minors in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish, and also offers language classes in Arabic, Korean, and Punjabi.
The mission of the Department of World Languages & Literatures is to provide students with the opportunity to learn about world languages, literature, and cultures to broaden cultural understanding, increase language proficiency, and enable students to communicate successfully in a pluralistic American society and abroad.
Margaret E. Lavezzo Memorial Italy Travel Scholarship
Jennifer Rineman and Giovanni Sciacqua (Spring 2022)
Lew Robinson Chinese Endowed Scholarship
Nicholas Rizzonelli (Spring 2021)
Programs & Areas of Study
- Spanish Bachelor of Arts, Minor Program, Master of Arts
- HEALS Program (Certificate Program in Healthcare Spanish)
- Certificate Program in Spanish for Criminal Justice
- French Bachelor of Arts, Minor Program
- Coursework available in: Arabic, Korean and Punjabi.
Part-time Lecturer Pool
- We are seeking candidates for our part-time lecturer pool to teach Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Punjabi, and Spanish courses. Apply here
Spotlight on World Cultures & Languages
Connect with World Languages & Literatures
World Languages & Literatures
Mariposa Hall, Room 2051
Mon. - Fri. 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (916) 278-6333