Support Page Content
Faculty Tech Resources
Welcome (or welcome back)!
Whether in-person, hybrid, or remote, however you're delivering instruction we’ve rounded up the essential technology resources, links, and support you need.
Essentials for Fall 2022
Teaching with Technology
- Classroom Technology - look up what campus learning spaces have to offer, and learn how to use it!
- Get to know Gradescope
It's official! Panopto replaced Mediasite as the official lecture capture platform. This SacSend message covers remaining housekeeping and an important update about how your videos may play in either Mediasite or Panopto the first two weeks of the semester due to a delay in the linking transition project.
Acrobat Sign Training
New to using this digital signature tool (formerly known as Adobe Sign), need a refresher, or looking for advanced techniques? Check out these resources and training opportunities.
Accessible Course Design & Materials Resources & Support
Be proactive in your approach to supporting accessibility - use the built-in Ally tool in Canvas to check whether instructional materials you’ve uploaded are accessible.
- Learn about accessibility tools in Canvas including Ally and Rich Content Editor
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Resource
- Course Materials Remediation Services
Rather than always needing to connect to Global Protect VPN each work day, this summer we launched "Always-On" VPN to provide 24/7 protection for your University-managed PC device and eliminate a manual step from your workday! Mac users stay tuned - "Always-On" is coming soon! In the meantime, continue to login to Global Protect as usual.
Modern Authentication for Outlook Email
This October, Microsoft will enforce modern authentication in order to access campus email. You're already familiar with modern auth through the Single Sign-On and Duo steps you use to log in to campus systems. Now you'll need to upgrade your email client(s) on your devices from basic authentication (username and password) to a campus-supported version to continue accessing your campus email. This includes personal devices you use to access your campus email.
We've been busy working with colleges and divisions to provide updated laptops, docking stations and monitors for almost half of campus staff and faculty. Strategically moving away from fixed desktop computers in favor of a laptop standard will help ensure continuity for remote teaching under both expected — and unexpected — circumstances!
Digital Transformation Tools
Over the summer, we redesigned the OnBase forms library to include helpful search and other functionality (form description, who to contact) to make it easier to find Faculty/Staff OnBase forms. OnBase How To's
For Your Students
- Student poster printing and other coursework printing is available through University Print or The Lab at the University Union.
- Point students to the Student Online Technology Resource (OTR) to help them navigate Canvas, Zoom, and other coursework tools.
Students also have their own specific resources - point them here!
Your Sac State Account & Password
Resources to manage your SacLink account, see password reset options, enroll in Duo multi-factor authentication, and learn about your Faculty Center on My Sac State.
Internet Connection Options
On campus, your devices should automatically recognize and connect to eduroam, our official campus internet. If you have new devices - or just new to being on campus - our campus wireless section covers device-specific connection instructions.
In addition to on-campus options, the campus closure necessitated additional options for supporting remote operations. Whether on-campus or working remotely, learn more about off-campus alternatives.
Wi-Fi 6 and Expanded Campus Coverage
We continue to upgrade more campus buildings and locations to the new standard, Wi-Fi 6. Depending on the age of your personal device(s) you bring to campus, you may need to do some driver updates.
Find out which buildings offer this even faster internet connection, and what you need to know to ensure your devices such as laptops and mobile phones can tap in!
Academic Technology Resources
The IRT Academic Technology Services (ATS) team is your go-to resource for using instructional technology, and offers drop-in virtual and scheduled one-on-one consultations in addition to helpful DIY resources through the Online Teaching Resources (OTR) guide.
- Learning instructional technology tools - in and out of the classroom
- Empowering you to use the technology supporting in-person, hybrid, and hyflex modalities
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles
- Creating digitally accessible, inclusive course materials to support all learners
- Course material remediation support
- Collaborative faculty support programming and learning communities in partnership with the Center for Teaching and Learning
Traditional, Hybrid, HyFlex - learn how to use the technology in University learning spaces. Check out DIY and consultation opportunities:
Want to test out classroom tech? Schedule a consultation with the IRT Learning Space Services (LSS) team, where you can practice with the tools within an on-campus training room.
New or need a refresher? This one-sheet shares best practices for each web conferencing tool.
While designed with campus staff and faculty attendees in mind, the "Hybrid Meetings: How To's for Hosting & Attending" flyer is also useful for your students, including helpful tips for structuring remote learning recordings to help optimize student access and engagement. Also visit the Zoom faculty resources for a deeper dive.
Whether you're on campus using your own device (BYOD), are using a department-issued University-managed device, or have a long-term loan through the Laptop Checkout program, this program will continue to be a resource for you and your students.
Device Checkout Guidelines
- No longer need the laptop? Please return it to either your department or to the IRT Service Desk Team at your soonest convenience to help create opportunities for our campus community.
- Still need it? If you continue to need a checked out laptop, please arrange for longer checkout.